Filled Say Something to Run A Command [Lightweight]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by brinaq, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Offline

brinaq

Plugin category: ADMIN

Suggested name: SayCommands

What I want: I can use a command in-game to set a word as a command. For example, say I set the word "dog" to run the command /warp dog. If somebody says dog in chat, the plugin will run /warp dog for them. Say I also set the word "downtime" to run the command:
    /broadcast Hello everyone. &bThe server will be on downtime for now. Thanks. You will be kicked off the server after 2 minutes.

Even if the word is set to run a command, I would still like the word to be seen by others. So if I said dog, which triggers /warp dog, people will still see me saying dog in the chat even though it's a SayCommand.

Ideas for commands: /sc set {word} {command} {command's arguments}
    /sc reload
    Example of command: /sc set dog /warp dog

Ideas for permissions: saycommand.set, saycommand.reload, saycommand.use
    saycommand.use controls if the person is able to use saycommands. If they don't have it, and they type "dog" then it will just be normal chat and run no command.

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible

Thank you!

2. Offline

LaxWasHere

3. Offline

brinaq

Kind of complicated to use. Also not as lightweight as I would prefer.
    I'll keep waiting for a dev to make my original request.

4. Offline

nhadobas

Its a very lightweight plugin. I would seriously look at it, you wouldnt even need to know regex in your situation.
    Code:

match dog
    then command <command>

5. Offline

wilsondc15

Try this plugin, I use it myself and I love it! Better Alias

6. Offline

brinaq

this is great, I just wish it had the ability to detect words, not only commands sent. I will request that with the dev. But still this works perfect.

wilsondc15 likes this.
  7. Offline

wilsondc15

you can use words, just get rid of the "/" before the alias in the config.

yes it is great! i made some commands such as /donate and /market

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  8. Offline

brinaq

I want it so somebody says a word and it runs a command is what I mean, but there's already no "/"