Solved saveDefaultConfig() not saving config

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by SoThatsIt, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SoThatsIt

hi, i use saveDefaultConfig() in my onEnable() method but it does not save a version of my config, i dont even get a moreminecarts folder. I tried logging a message in my onEnable method as well and it did not work but interestingly it registered my event listener. Heres my onEnable()
    Code:
    @Override
        public void onEnable(){
            this.saveDefaultConfig();
            loadConfig();
            this.getServer().getPluginManager().registerEvents(new MoreMinecartsEventListener(this), this);
        }
    and my plugin.yml if that helps
    Code:
    name: MoreMinecarts
    main: me.sothatsit.moreminecarts.MoreMinecarts
    version: 0.1
    loadConfig() is a method that i have created that just gets all the values from my config

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  2. Offline

felixfritz

Make sure to copy the default options.
    PHP:
    this.getConfig().options().copyDefaults(true);

3. Offline

Sagacious_Zed Bukkit Docs

SoThatsIt does a config exist for saveDefaultConfig to work?

4. Offline

SoThatsIt

thnaks for the suggestion but it did not work :p, it isnt even creating the config at all, not even the data folder

5. Offline

Minnymin3

Make a config.yml file in the same place as your plugin.yml and then do saveDefaultConfig(); You dont need to add all the values. Add all of the things you would add with your loadConfig method into the config.yml

6. Offline

SoThatsIt

i have a config.yml in the same place as my plugin.yml it just isnt copying over.

7. Offline

Minnymin3

Thats really weird... Just tested it and it works fine for me... Are you using a dev build of Bukkit it might be a Bukkit problem.

8. Offline

SoThatsIt

ill test it with the newest build now :)

i downloaded the recommended bukkit and craftbukkit builds, recompiled and loaded. still didnt work, even checked that the config.yml was inside the jar file

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

Minnymin3

weird... Ive got no idea but that could be because its 1:30 where I am...

10. Offline

SoThatsIt

I am starting to think it is a problem with my onEnable() as using this.getLogger().info("TEST"); is not logging to terminal. Although, my event listener still gets registered.

11. Offline

Sagacious_Zed Bukkit Docs

SoThatsIt If your plugin is not enabled, bukkit "should not" be registering your listeners.

12. Offline

SoThatsIt

Then can you explain to me why it doesnt log the message? and why it doesnt create the config?

I fixed it! turns out it wasnt a problem at all with my code but with my plugins folder, even when i deleted the plugin it still loaded... so i just deleted my plugins folder and then re-made it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.