Save a player's previous location when changing worlds

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by adamk523, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

adamk523

Plugin category: Transportation

Minecraft version: 1.11.2

What I want: A plugin, preferably something that ties in nicely with Multiverse 2 and Per World Inventory, that saves a player's coordinates whenever they change worlds. For instance, when typing a command to go to the plot world, their location is saved in the survival world group (world, world_nether, and world_the_end) and they are teleported to where they left off in the plot world. Then, when typing the command to return to the survival world again, they won't be taken to spawn but to wherever they were when they left.

Ultimately, the point of this is to prevent people from teleporting directly to spawn, but instead to keep them at the location they left from, so I can safely remove commands like /spawn and /home from my server while allowing players still to teleport back and forth from their creative plot. I hope I've explained this alright, feel free to post if I need to clarify at all!

tl;dr Save a player's X, Y, and Z coordinates when they change worlds, then when they visit that world/group of worlds again, teleport them to that location instead of the world's spawn.

When I'd like it by: Aug 12th, 2017 if possible, school is kicking in again and I'd like enough time to implement this and test it before then. :)

Thank you to anyone who takes this up!

Edit 8/4/17: Changed thread name

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  2. Offline

adamk523

Bump. This should be one of the easier requests, just save a player's coordinates and teleport them there instead when changing worlds. I haven't been able to find any alternatives after hours of searching; anyone who takes this up would be doing me and my server a gigantic favor, along with any other servers who have wanted better world switching.

3. Offline

Roborack17

Hi! I'll start working on it now. Tell you when I'm done.

4. Offline

adamk523

@Roborack17 Sorry for the late reply, school prep + new PC build kept me very busy over the past few days. Thank you so much for working on it! :D

5. Do you still need this? I already have my own plugin which does exactly this!

6. Offline

Roborack17

I have started working on it, but haven't finished. But, since NullPointerExptn has it already done, he should give it to you :)

7. Offline

adamk523

@NullPointerExptn @Roborack17 Yes, I definitely do still need this! I've been holding off the release of a new survival world until I can figure out some way to retain players' positions on world switch, and the closest thing I could find was a very hidden function of Multiverse-Inventories (which would be a horrible hassle to switch over to now). Thank you both! :)

8. Sorry, should've checked before, the plugin I had is on my old PC :/

@Roborack17 is this something youll be able to code?

9. Offline

adamk523

@NullPointerExptn *gets alert*

:D

*checks alert*

:'(

Oh well, I'll get final prep for the new world done in the meantime. Thanks for looking, Null!

10. Offline

adamk523

11. Offline

UnseenMC

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted not allowed paid resource url>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.