RustRevive

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by CryoCrafter, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Death Mechanics

Minecraft version: Minecraft 1.12.2

Suggested name: RustRevive

What I want: I want a plugin that does the following things, if a player reaches a lethal amount of damage (So it cancels death)

- Sets his health to a half heart
    - Apply Resistance 255 for 1 second to the wounded player
    - (If possible) Make it look like the player is in a bed (without a bed) So hes lying on the ground, if this is not possible, just let him stand
    - Make it impossible for him to exit the bed or if not in bed, impossible to move or jump (frozen in place)
    - Play a title and subtitle for him, which is configurable in the config
    - Send him a message which is configurable in config
    - Make him unable to execute any commands or teleport

After all those actions happened, I want the player to die if he looses his last heart by receiving damage
    If he doesnt receive any damage, he will lose a half hunger every 2 seconds, if the hunger reaches 0, he dies aswell
    After 38 seconds (When he then has a half hunger, theres a 5% chance of him being revived on its own
    If a player comes in a radius of 3 blocks to him and right clicks him for 5 seconds, the player he is reviving will be revived

If a player who was downed / wounded, got revived by 5% chance or another player, he "gets up" with a half heart and and the hunger amount he had before he died / got downed (If not possible, just do a hunger of a half bar (10 hunger))
    If he dies, he will drop all his items. If he got revived, he will keep all items.

If a player who is downed / wounded leaves, he should die as soon as he logs off

Ideas for commands: I dont think commands are needed for this plugin

Ideas for permissions: None

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible, please

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  2. If somebody would work on this, it would really be awesome

3. Offline

RealizmHF

Once I finish the RustClaim plugin request I can start on this. Seems fairly easy, though I’m not sure there is a player event for click and hold when reviving a player. I’ll look into it more once I can start the project. I may just do it on a single click and while they stay within 3 blocks for 5 seconds rather than continuously holding the click button for 5 seconds. I could also require the person who is doing the reviving to not move and cancel the revive if they move while trying to revive someone.

I could probably see about making the player need to click on the person over and over while reviving them. Again, would just need to do a little more research.

Let me know your preference on this and I’ll look into a click and hold event.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  4. Offline

KarimAKL

@RealizmHF Pretty sure you can't check if a player is holding down a button, but your other solutions sounds like great replacements.

RealizmHF likes this.
  5. Offline

Reckfullers

@KarimAKL PlayerInteractEntityEvent will repeatedly fire when holding right click on an entity, you can use that to determine if someone is holding it down.

6. Offline

KarimAKL

@Reckfullers I haven't tried it but i thought something like that might be possible, that's why i said
    instead of "right mouse button", etc.

7. I'm also interested in this plugin, but I'm running 1.8, maybe it would be possible for the plugin to work both on 1.8 and 1.12.2 as the OP want?

8. Offline

RealizmHF

Thank you, I'll look into this further.

Yeah, I can make this for both versions. From what I've read about Maven version control, it's fairly simple for a plugin to work on multiple versions. Especially if the plugin doesn't work with a lot of changed mechanics between versions.

9. So who of you guys is working on this?

11. Offline

Reckfullers

I have been doing work on this, no promises that it will be completed though. Just doing this as a side project for my self on 1.14.2

Its far from finished but source is public: https://github.com/Reckfullies/Revive

12. But i need it for 1.12.2

13. Offline

Reckfullers

I know, I just started on 1.14. It can support 1.14.2 and 1.13.2 currently, Ill add 1.12.2 as well.

14. Offline

Ryot

@Reckfullers
    If you publish this plugin for use is it possible for you to add permission for being able to revive people? Like: rust.revive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.