Running Plugin in IntelliJ

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by BungeeTheCookie, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

2. Offline

stirante

3. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

stirante
    Thanks!

Its not working..
    Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
    Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
    Unrecognized option: -P

Process finished with exit code 1
    I am doing it the exact way the guy in the link did it, so I am doing something wrong most likely..

Nvm, I fixed it.
    But why do I get this..
    PHP:
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodErrororg.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(Ljava/io/Reader;)Lorg/bukkit/configuration/file/YamlConfiguration;

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.help.HelpYamlReader.<init>(HelpYamlReader.java:31) ~[craftbukkit-1.7.9-R0.2.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-6-g4d832c3-b3090jnks]

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.help.SimpleHelpMap.<init>(SimpleHelpMap.java:32) ~[craftbukkit-1.7.9-R0.2.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-6-g4d832c3-b3090jnks]

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:201) ~[craftbukkit-1.7.9-R0.2.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-6-g4d832c3-b3090jnks]

at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PlayerList.<init>(PlayerList.java:68) ~[craftbukkit-1.7.9-R0.2.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-6-g4d832c3-b3090jnks]

at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:14) ~[craftbukkit-1.7.9-R0.2.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-6-g4d832c3-b3090jnks]

at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:126) ~[craftbukkit-1.7.9-R0.2.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-6-g4d832c3-b3090jnks]

at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:436) [craftbukkit-1.7.9-R0.2.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-6-g4d832c3-b3090jnks]

at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [craftbukkit-1.7.9-R0.2.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.1-6-g4d832c3-b3090jnks]
    [
    14:17:50 ERROR]: This crash report has been saved toC:\Users\Elizabeth\Desktop\Mineworks\Server\Plugins\Cops And Robbers\Test Server\.\crash-reports\crash-2014-06-25_14.17.50-server.txt
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Offline

mazentheamazin

BungeeTheCookie
    Try just having the arguments as such:
    Code:
    --nojline

5. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

I fixed it. But why do I get the error above? Also, it says this:
    I also get this:
    Code:
    2014-06-25 14:19:44,758 WARN Unable to instantiate org.fusesource.jansi.WindowsAnsiOutputStream
    mazentheamazin

Is this a bug with CraftBukkit..? It says NoSuchMethodError so is my set up incorrect?

Bump.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

Europia79

BungeeTheCookie

if you're using Ant or Maven, you could have it automatically copy the JAR to your server/plugins/ folder:
    HTML:
                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
                    <configuration>
                        <tasks>
                            <copy file="../../target/VirtualPlayers.jar" tofile="../../../server/plugins/VirtualPlayers.jar"/>
                        </tasks>
                    </configuration>
                    <executions>
                        <execution>
                            <phase>package</phase>
                            <goals>
                                <goal>run</goal>
                            </goals>
                        </execution>
                    </executions>
                </plugin>
            </plugins>
        </build>
    </project>
    Inside my projects folder, I have a /server/ directory that is shared between all my projects.

BungeeTheCookie

Can we see all the code ? The full error ? And the crash-report ?

This is a weird error... Are you sure that your plugin is causing it ? Does the error happen when you don't test thru the IDE ?

7. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

My plugin has 6,000 lines of code (it is a minigame) so I don't know if you want to see it. It is not my plugin that is causing it, I think it is the way I have it configured in my IDE. The error does not happen when I do not test through my IDE. I am not using Maven. I am not using Spigot. The way I configured it is the way http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/how-to-easy-test-your-plugin-with-netbeans.124430/ configured it.

8. Offline

Europia79

9. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

10. Offline

Europia79

BungeeTheCookie

How are you compiling your plugin in IntelliJ ?

Are you exporting like Eclipse does ? Or do you use a build button like Netbeans ?

I've never used IntelliJ, but if you're using a build button, then it's possible that IntelliJ is using an Ant build script (behind the scenes) to build your project ? If so, just tell it to automatically copy the JAR to your server/plugins/ folder.

11. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

I am now just exporting my jar to my server and I am running it. Thanks, this is now solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.