Inactive [RPG] The MineQuest v0.61 - RPG System with Customizable Quests, Classes, and NPCs [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jmonk, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Offline

jmonk

MineQuest - RPG System with Customizable Quests and Classes
    Version: 0.62-test
    Overview:
    MineQuest started out as a plugin to add some RPG-like progression to Minecraft. It had 8 (By default, now completely customizable) character classes (4 Combat, 4 Resource - also by default) and you gained experience by doing tasks related to the class (e.g. Warriors fight with a Sword, or WarMages cast WarMage Spells). All combat classes gained health when they went up in levels, and all classes gained related abilities at certain levels.

An example of a custom class configuration is now available: http://www.theminequest.com/node/112

Now MineQuest has grown to be a much bigger project than gaining abilities and extra health. It includes mobs that get harder over time based on a level adjustment (determined by active players in the server). It has built in economy(iConomy Supported)/town systems that are available if people so desire. Most likely the coolest thing so far is the quest system.

Good Places to start in game are /minequest, /cubonomy (economy), and /quest (questing specific). Also poking around the help pages (Linked as more information below) gives some details about more advanced commands as well.

Quests:
    MineQuest is equipped with a system that is being developed so that minecraft can have real instanced dungeons where a select party can teleport into a world that has traps, harder monsters, and special loot. When complete players are brought back to their original locations.

These quests are completely customizable as they only load from a text file. MineQuest will search the bukkit directory for the appropriate .quest file when the quest is started. This means that anyone running a server could write a quest. Not just plugin developers!

The spell system is nothing special, and I'm sure that others exist out there, but what really makes MineQuest unique is the complete package, dungeons and everything.

Requirements:
    MySQL or SQLite

Suspected Conflicts:
    Towny, Essentials Spawn, World Guard, mcMMO,
    Other plugins that modify damage/health

Video:
    This is a video of the first real dungeon created, the first time through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq85ppcwuM8

MineQuest 0.40 Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx8tYNb0MCM

Installation:
    http://www.theminequest.com/node/3

Whats new in 0.60?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB9-N9XWfJE

Downloads:
    http://www.theminequest.com/node/35
    Backup: http://code.google.com/p/minequest/downloads/list

Support:
    Please read the following FAQ before posting your question. It will help you out by getting the answer faster and help us out by having a smaller volume of questions.
    http://www.theminequest.com/node/36
    There are some forums on the MineQuest site found below.
    http://www.theminequest.com/forum
    If you cannot solve your issues in the MQ Forums and from the FAQ and the bug does not already exist please post it on the bug tracker.
    http://bugs.theminequest.com/projects/minequest

More Info:
    Information about MineQuest and its features
    http://www.theminequest.com/node/11

Changelog:
    Version 0.61:
    *NPC Fix Item Properties (Blacksmith Capabilities)
    *Fixed Ranged Ability Bindings
    *Other NPC Property changes
    *Bug Fixes
    Version 0.60:
    *Idle Quest System
    *Main World Scripting
    *Reputation System
    Version 0.53:
    *Fixed Instancing System
    *Fixed NPC Respawning Issue
    *Updated to b860
    *Fixed money naming
    *A couple hidden features

Full Changelog:
    http://www.theminequest.com/node/74

If you love MineQuest then help keep the project alive: http://www.theminequest.com/node/164

2. Offline

ltan

iConomy IS supported. in fact the LATEST VERSION of iConomy is supported when most other plugins DO NOT support iConomy 5.

As far as the perstep damage? when is this occuring? Is this during the dungeon quest? If so, this means you have been poisoned.

3. Offline

korncob

I love this mod, I am probably going to end up using it...however I had one issue that I wanted to sort of put out there not sure if it's something I did or what but here's my list of plugins (all up to the latest release)

burning mobs
    color sheep
    damage control
    iconomy
    iconomy chest shop
    lockette
    minequest
    mobiile
    odditem
    permissions
    residence
    sheepfeed
    weather sync
    worldedit

Man I got too many plugins...gonna start taking off some of them...lol

But basically what happened is I started getting up archery warmage and peacemage all at the same time, bound heal to feather fireball to snowball and bone to heal other. I was slowly leveling all the up the same amount but I checked /char every once in a while and noticed that eventually peacemage got to about 300~ and started saying --300 and wouldn't go up when I healed...then it actually went down then back up then down again etc. over and over randomly whenever I healed and at the moment it's like 500+/400 and it won't get to level 1...gonna try resetting to 0 on a fresh server with no other plugins so I'll update if that fixes it :)

4. Offline

Fuzzwolf

Sorry, I stated that wrong. I can't figure out how to get the plugin to use iConomy rewards in quests. Do you mean the plugin will run natively side-to-side with iConomy or will the plugin actually utilize iConomy? I can't figure out how to enable iConomy.

As for perstep damage, it doesn't just happen when I am poisoned. Whenever I am hit by an ally or when I fall (basically, if I take any damage in general), I will take damage perstep.

Plugins:
    CommandBook
    iConomy
    iConomy Chest Shop
    LWC
    Magic Carpet
    Regio
    WorldEdit

I am running CraftBook 740.

5. Offline

ltan

Thanks for the report korncob. This is the second instance that I have heard about concerning the peacemage not acting correctly.

I am sure jmonk will respond soon.

6. Offline

sonyusa

Fuzzwolf, I think if monsters are disabled in the config you get the damage per step problem

Several of my players are negative exp in the peacemage class, I think its broken and deducts exp somehow from it...

7. Offline

cloned

If you have iConomy installed it will only use that for currency. There is no setting, it just does it.

I also removed Chest Shop and now use MineQuests Shops, much better IMO. Unless you want anybody to be able to set one up, I guess.

8. Offline

korncob

Well I can't edit, it just screws up the post for some reason...so I'm gonna post a second post (sorry if that is not allowed)

So I went ahead and made a whole new server, new map, no plugins besides minequest, and I took some screenshots to show this very bizarre exp bug I'm getting with peacemage. I did also get another bug where miner and lumberjack wouldn't go up but I restarted the server and it started working again (warmage worked before I restarted along with warrior) but then I had the same problem as I had on the other server.

I'll post pics to show what I mean :
    Sometimes it wouldn't go up
    [​IMG]

When I hit lv1 peacemage it went negative
    [​IMG]

Sometimes it actually lost exp when I casted heal.
    [​IMG]

But then it would start going back up, it was a tossup whether or not I actually would gain more exp than lose most of the time..on the other server I apparently just straight up with negative 450 or so because I was losing more exp than gaining somehow.
    [​IMG]

http://pastebin.com/141eB9dD
    Server.log (had to cut out part of it because it was from another server.)

Could this be because I'm using SQLite instead of mysql?

Edit : Ah just noticed you guys posted o0 wasn't showing them about 5 minutes ago..hah..thanks though I suppose I'll just wait for an update (or keep messin' around with it)

9. Offline

DarKMaKa

Hi,

Fireball burn wool, but I put Precious Stone to prevent fire.
    Any config for that?

10. Offline

korncob

It also seems to set trees on fire, not sure if that's on purpose or whatever but it would be nice to turn that off :)

11. Offline

TROTZOR

well fireball, IS made of fire... although i think there are a few plugins that can prevent/limit firespread

12. Offline

zoolder101

Is the only one class aloud working yet?

13. Offline

Kavokane

I have everything up to date, I have dungeon.quest and the dungeon folder in the minecraft/bukkit root folder, and when I type /startquest dungeon it says "You have no quest named dungeon available"

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

14. Offline

DarKMaKa

I already have PreciuouStones to prefent fire.
    That's why I'm saying that.

Also, we've got 2 problems.
    Each time we take any damage, we take a "DoT" that tick 10 times.
    No matter what the first damage is.

Bug or not?
    Is there a way to desactivate it?

And 1 last question:
    We can only cast spells onlyn when we are on melee.
    Can we change the range?

EDIT:
    For the peacemage bug, I tried something.
    Since last server restart, we didn't get any exp except from battle class.
    So I desactivate mcMMO. Exp came back;, for Peacemage too.
    I put back mcMMO, Peacemage and gathering abilities still works.
    I tried to restart one last time.
    Gathering abil still works, but negative Exp on Peacemage came back.
    So I think it's due to mcMMO, but there is not errors in the log file.

15. Offline

Flipp

Hi!
    Nice Plugin, but my English isn´t the best and I don´t get it. I just wantet to create a small test-dungeon. First I tried it in another new world, but when creating it, Junks on my normal one were completely cleared. Maybe because of WorldGuard or Bigbrother. Now I want to have them in my normal World. I copied the Text called test.dungeon in the Bukkit folder, in the world folder and also in the minequest folder, but when triying to start it, it says: No Quest called Test availiable. Also the Questlist command doesnt work. Just doesn´t show any answer (CB 740).
    Another thing: Is it possible to have only the Quest-Instance System and put anything else off? Because I use a Special Version of McMMo and don´t want to erase it (for testing I deinstalled it).
    Here´s my test.dungeon,
    Greets Flipp
    Code:
    Instance:1:test:dungeon:Normal
    #enter the cave
    Event:0:AreaEvent:500:1:78:65:442:2
    #block the entrance
    Event:1:BlockEvent:500:78:64:441:4
    Event:2:BlockEvent:1000:78:65:441:4
    #spawn three zombies and wait for death
    Event:3:EntitySpawnerNoMove:5:80:64:456:Zombie:f
    Event:4:EntitySpawnerCompleteNMEvent:10:-2:3
    #complete quest
    Event:5:ExperienceAdd:1000:all:1000:1000

16. Offline

TROTZOR

First, type '/spawn_npc npcname'
    then, type '/npc_property npcname quest questfilename'
    right-click on the npc, it should say 'questname is now available.'
    finally, type 'start_quest 'questname'

npcname can be anything, no spaces or special characters though. if you HAVE to have a space, use an '_'
    questfilename the actual filename of the quest... minus the .quest at the end
    questname the name of the quest, as defined by the .quest file... yes it can have spaces

i think thats it :D
    And 1 last question:

the range of the spell is determined by the range of the item you bind it too.
    if you want long range spells, bind them to a snowball,egg, or bow

a few things:
    1. do you actually have a separate world made, with locations/spawnpoint corresponding to the ones in the quest?
    2. you didnt list your tasks... they should be at the bottom.
    3. youre missing the lines:
    -Name:
    -QuestArea:
    -Spawn:
    -Reset:
    -Repeatable:
    4. other things I probably missed
    take a look at this, it should help immensely... and dont be discouraged, it may be a little complicated to learn, but its one of the most amazing plugins I've found for bukkit. and this is coming from a guy who spends hours refreshing the plugin list everyday looking for something entertaining. :)

17. Offline

Tempest

Quick question, is it possible to use specific parts of the plugin? If I for example wanted the Quest, Town and Economy systems but not Classes?
    On another note, is it possible to change the names of classes and is there a full list of abilities/spells somewhere?

18. Offline

TROTZOR

not sure about your first question, I THINK there are config options for them.
    same for question #2, and ability list is here

19. Offline

ltan

Thanks for getting to these Trotz.

I just wanted to chime in with I will be offline all day due to my final exam today.

20. Offline

DarKMaKa

"Each time we take any damage, we take a "DoT" that tick 10 times.
    No matter what the first damage is."

Any clue?!

21. Offline

jmonk

No idea, only heard of this happening to a couple people, they were all either using no-mobs in server properties, some sort of other healing plugin, or had pvp turned off. These all seem to play badly with MineQuest and I have yet to find any sort of solution for it.

22. Offline

Rathji

So I have been trying to get this to work for a couple days now and I think I am stuck.

Code:
    09:59:21 [INFO] [MineQuest] Attempting to load MineQuest/abilities.jar

09:59:21 [INFO] [MineQuest] Success!!
    09:59:26 [INFO] [MineQuest] [ERROR] Unable to Connect to MySQL Database
    09:59:26 [INFO] [MineQuest] You are not connected to a database (try configuring
     minequest.properties)
    09:59:26 [INFO] [MineQuest] Unable to initialize configuration
    09:59:26 [INFO] [MineQuest] Check configuration in MineQuest directory
    09:59:26 [INFO] MineQuest version 0.42 is disabled!
    So I have a new install of MySQL 5.5, configured with pretty much default settings

The connector is in the bukkit folder (and included on the class path) so I assume the problem is not related to that.

The correct user and password are located in the main.properties file (I cant find a minecraft.properties file). The port matches the port used by MySQL as indicated in the my.ini file. The file contents are included below:

Code:
    #Sun May 08 09:34:42 MDT 2011
    url=localhost
    port=3306
    user=<my_user>
    max_classes=4
    silent=1
    pass=<my_password>
    no_mobs_main_world=false
    mysql=true
    db=MineQuest/minequest
    I notice it references the database, do I need to create a database and tables within MYSQL? If so, any suggestions on where the details of the necessary database schema might be found?

I really am just grasping at straws here.

23. Offline

jmonk

No tables, just a database. You need to create a database with some name, I would recommend minequest. Then change the db parameter to just minequest, not MineQuest/minequest.

Rathji likes this.
  24. Offline

BlackHawkLex

25. Offline

Rathji

Thanks a lot.

No idea why I didnt try that in the first place.

26. Offline

korncob

That's strange because I had a completely new server created with only minequest on it and it still didn't work..gotta be something to that though.

27. Offline

sonyusa

it's not mcmmo, it happens on my server too and I dont use mcmmo

jmonk: One of my npc's in particular (who isnt in a town) keeps getting the ground around him blown up no matter how many times I fill it in, and it seems that the longer the server runs, the deeper the hole gets! It's an erratic pattern, like a creeper is spawning on him then exploding...

are npc's subject to creeper attacks???

28. Offline

Rathji

So I got Minequest running on our test server, but to move it to production we kinda need to transfer iconomy funds to Cubonomy. Anyone have any thoughts on how one might go about doing that?

29. Offline

ltan

Actually, you don't. This thread has become pretty long so you probably missed the fact that iConomy is supported by MQ. You shouldn't have to convert at all. If you do feel like converting over to Cubonomy, then I would suggest going into your mysql database and look for the questers table. In here you will find the settings for a few of the variables for each quester. Cubes would be the one you would want to fill with the iConomy amounts.

30. Offline

Rathji

So we tried to put it into place and we keep getting these errors for each person who has been logged in since we turned it on. The connection to DB is fine and the plugin is enabled.

Code:
    [INFO] [MineQuest] [WARNING] Cannot find quester <playername>
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to MineQuest
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.monk.MineQuest.Listener.MineQuestPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(MineQuestPlayerListener.java:74)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:242)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:130)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

31. Offline

Alicard

Download link doesn't work.