[RPG] Heroes - 7/21 [1K]

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Kainzo, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

odielag

I plan on installing this plugin, but I know some plugin developers as of recent who might work on adding plugins that change/add to the functionality of Heroes on a server... Here is one idea I had...

As you know, people take the easy route often, even if it's less fun. Why roam the countryside looking for monsters when you could be in a mob grinder for hours? Well, this would be where a plugin called "Antigrind" comes in... I imagine it would have a functionality like so:

@AntiGrind... some thoughts about antigrind I came up with...
    Most mmo companies aren't willing to have complicated variables for xp so it seems they focus on mob placement and allowing those mobs to only get damaged if they can damage the player and keeping the xp understandable by new players... I would take a different approach for minecraft...

Basically, I would focus on making it so people can't stay in one place and kill quickly... It could work like this and it would only have to keep track of the mob kills in a chunk by what player for maybe 10 minutes. Maybe it would be better to base this data on the player than the chunk.

Once a mob is killed in a chunk, it adds to a counter for that player/chunk... as soon as the counter gets to 5 (configurable) that chunk no longer gives xp and the player is told to move on... the chunk then would no longer give xp to that player for 10 minutes (configurable)...also the adjacent chunks (3x3 cuboid) would also not give xp. That way, let's say someone sets up a spawner... they can in a small size spawner only get 5 kills every 10 minutes... That makes it near impossible to grind and just stand in one location.

2. Offline

DThielke

Working on fleshing out the effects system while we wait for an RB. Hopefully the RB waits until we're done :).

3. Offline

Rigby90

4. Offline

Zalastri

Wow, looks amazing. I'm going to completely redo my server with this system as soon as it's available.

5. Offline

dak393

AWESOME!!!! You had Dinnerbone and EvilSeph in there XD

6. Offline

Kainzo

Heroes is deep seated :p

Want an early start on configuring your server? - Here's the base configs! Start prepping!
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
  7. Offline

dak393

8. Offline

loganwm

Is there documentation on how to modify the map item image, or are you guys keeping that proprietary for now?

9. Offline

Latros

Kainzo! RELLEEAASSEEE!!

10. Offline

DThielke

Note that the configs Kainzo has uploaded are subject to change between now and release.

11. Offline

DrBowe

12. Offline

Kainzo

Yep - these configs can still change depending on whats going on - but the format will stay mostly the same.

Also, please note we will provide VERY limited support with config errors/etc - you are on your own - this is an advanced plugin, our dev team will not waste time on yml errors/misconfigs.

13. Offline

llaraet

Thank You Herocraft Team :)

14. Offline

jwplayer0

I'll just ask you bit by bit in game :p

llaraet likes this.
  15. Offline

Latros

Kainzzooo/other coders, reelleaasseee!!!

16. Offline

odielag

So, will my idea be implemented, or would I have to wait for the release and try to find a developer to make it a reality? I messaged you days ago and have yet to get a response. It would save your server from having to have the rule against grinding in mob traps... I would think the whole point of the plugin is to walk around killing mobs instead of standing in a mob trap killing them with no danger; and this idea if it were implemented would make that a reality to a large extent. I think it would be critical to your plugin to have it and at least warrants you acknowledging I messaged you with the idea.

17. Offline

Kainzo

We're nearing a release within any day (or hour) when the next RB is out. Such a drastic change isnt something we just want to 'throw' in.

18. Offline

odielag

Fair enough. Thank you for the update... with a plugin like heroes that would add to my server in such a wonderful way I just really want it to succeed and bring me closer to making the gameplay of my dreams. Also, I love to think of new ideas for plugins; it helps to fight against burnout.

19. Offline

Kainzo

creature-health:
    Zombie: 10
    creature-damage:
    Zombie: 20
    item-damage:
    Stone: 10
    Redstone: 5
    Air: 1
    Iron_Block: 20
    Diamond_sword: 10
    environmental-damage:
    Fall: 10

Nytemare3701 and dak393 like this.
  20. Offline

Archelaus

At least let us finish the damn system first :p

If you can guess what the above config does, kudo's

21. Offline

pacmanjones

Um... damage modifier? :p

22. Offline

Archelaus

We're coding bunnies and horses, silly.

dak393 likes this.
  23. Offline

Kainzo

It was late - I dont remember pasting that..

24. Offline

dak393

lol XD

25. Offline

odielag

Just so you all know, a new CraftBukkit Recommended Build (#1000) has come out!

llaraet likes this.
  26. I am here for your children!

27. Offline

dak393

Indeed I'm excited :D (Made a thread as soon as it came out XD )

28. Offline

Archelaus

We're gonna be drawing up all of the release things now (E.g. post, default configs and such)

29. Offline

dak393

Hurry hurry hurry XD

30. Offline

Soulstormer

Guys give them time, if I would read such "hurry" posts I'll just chill and get a smoke or something. It's done when it's done! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.