Inactive [RPG] AncientRPG - Create your own RPG v0.95[1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Pylamo, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Offline

Pylamo

You can try it with /ar ps

2. Offline

Tokusie

Sounds good. The problem is... I'm a noob at changing such things and I haven't the first idea how to change it to /ar ps. ^.^ I know it is a pain to explain something like that to someone who has no idea what they are doing.

Thanks again for your help and patience.

3. Offline

Pylamo

/ar is an alternative way to call commands of my plugin, it is already implemented.

4. Offline

Tokusie

Ok... well it is your command /ps that is taking over the command for my other plugin. Can I disable /ps? Whenever I try to turn on my precious stones /ps on it says "You are not in a party" rather than turning on my precious stones XD Should I be looking for Precious Stones to be making an alternative command since their command is being surpressed?

5. Offline

Pylamo

Yes you can, open the plugin.yml in the .jar (use winrar to open the jar) and remove the /ps line in it.

6. Offline

Tokusie

Awesome! Thanks so much. Works like a charm.

7. Offline

Wierdoom

Is it possible to create an AoE spell with a center point of what ever block/player you are looking at? The only AoEs I can get to work are those that originate from the player's position. I've tried using TargetInSight and BlockInSight arguments with GetWall/GetCube/GetCuboid, but those always result in parse errors.

8. Offline

Pylamo

This is not possible at the moment, but it is planned for 1.0.

9. Offline

Wierdoom

Thank you for the expeditious response. I will await the new version.

I have one more question; are weapon/armor restrictions functioning at the moment? It does not seem to prevent users from equipping and using certain equipment materials when configured to do so within the class configs.

10. Offline

Pylamo

You have to change the blacklisted armor and blacklisted items nodes, the other nodes are depreciated and don't work anymore.

11. Offline

o_Hades_o

Ok, working on making a few starter spells while learning Spellmaker... Here is what I'm trying to do...

1. Create a damage event... for instance... Thief has flint, uses spell "Shuriken" damage targeted entity (not just hostile or player) for XX amount of damage. Item 318 removed from inventory, cancels if he doesn't have it.
    Mine doesnt work. Tried different blue entity params, most i got to work was "Kill" nearestentity: Mob despawns, no damage or drops. "Damage" nearestentity: I put it from 100-100000 damage, the pig just blinks red and runs around...

2. Summon XXXXX and make it attack their attacker...

3. I created a invisibility spell for thief, complete with smoke @ caster... but enemies still attack... I tried blind in a 20 radius... slow.... nothing worked against enemies... Is it possible to make them aggro-less during invisibility? I'm waiting for this so I can do a Sneak attack where if invis = damage multiplier.

4. Would be a bit more helpful, I think, if someone went and made a video explaining the different uses of the events and parameters, and not just going god-mode as a Poop class...

Help?

Great job with this though, minus the frustration, its fun!

12. Offline

Pylamo

1. You probably have an error in your spell, please post it.

2. not really possible atm, it might be possible with 1.0

3. You are only invisble for players. I will probably change it to the potion effect of 1.4

4. Well, I would appreciate any help with videos, but I don't have the time to create them, there is already a simple video about creating an active spell here:
    http://www.ancient-rpg.tk

13. Offline

Wierdoom

Any idea when 1.0 will be released? I am eager to see this come out of Beta status.

14. Offline

Pylamo

probably when 1.4.2 stable is released, maybe a bit later because I have to change some things, but all other things I wanted to implement are already implemented.

15. Offline

RockyRhoads

when i use this basic spell
    BloodWave
    active
    CheckCooldown, bloodwave
    Cooldown, bloodwave, 2000
    Damage, nearestHostileEntities:25:5, 5500000
    Heal, Player, 200
    Wait, 2002

the enemies blink red as if they have taken damage and the heal goes through, but if you spam the hell out of it nothing dies.... i recently raised the power to see if it was that but even 5500000 damage is not enough, do i have to set permissions or something? any help would be great.

16. Offline

Pylamo

It should work, which version of my plugin are you using?

17. Offline

RockyRhoads

I click download the latest version button. I have vault installed and all permissions posted. I re-downloaded both mods and still it will not kill anything, and do animals count as hostile entities because the spell is targeting them too, but they don't die as well.

18. Offline

Pylamo

Does /hp work for you? Is there any other plugin which could conflict?
    can you please give more information?

19. Offline

RockyRhoads

yes /hp works shows that i have the default health and regen. I tried parties, i'm the only on the server atm, but i do get the commands to work for the most part, like i can't kick someone if not in a party. Also I can change hp values of monsters and that works.
    This mod and vault are the only mods.
    Peseant:
    default: false
    info:
    prefix: 'Peseant'
    suffix: ''
    build: true
    inheritance:
    - Default:
    permissions:
    - 'essentials.home'
    - 'essentials.motd'
    - 'essentials.rules'
    - 'essentials.sethome'
    - 'AncientRPG.party.create'
    - 'AncientRPG.party.join'
    - 'AncientRPG.guild.create'
    - 'AncientRPG.guild.join'
    - 'AncientRPG.classes.set'
    - 'AncientRPG.classes.bind'
    - 'AncientRPG.classes.chatcast'
    - 'AncientRPG.Race.set'
    - 'AncientRPG.Race.list'
    - 'AncientRPG.classes.spells'
    - 'AncientRPG.Race.spawn'
    - 'use.bloodwave.permission'
    These are the permissions for the rank i'm at when testing, and I have tested at admin and still nothing will die. Heals work.
    The server is at 1.3.2
    And this is on a fresh server.

20. Offline

Pylamo

Can you please use this spell and check how much damage you deal?
    displayhp
    passive
    attackevent
    var hbf = (GetHealth, Attackedentity)
    Wait, 50
    var hbf -= (GetHealth, Attackedentity)
    var message = {DARK_RED}You deal damage: {GREEN}
    var message += hbf
    var message += {DARK_RED}. Target health: {GREEN}
    var message += (GetHealth, Attackedentity)
    SendMessage, Player, message

21. Offline

RockyRhoads

Okay so i made the spell and it does return a message, I attacked a creeper it displays
    You deal damage: 17. Target health: 17.
    You deal damage: 13. Target health: 13.
    You deal damage: 10. Target health: 10.
    You deal damage: 7. Target health: 7.
    You deal damage: 3. Target health: 3.
    You deal damage: 85899345. Target health: -85899343.
    The words are in red and the numbers are in green and the creeper was dead by after that last hit.
    and for some reason i can no longer set the hp of anything with the .yml so deleted and redownloaded everything and still nothing, the spell still works.....

22. Offline

Pylamo

So what's the the problem then?
    Is the hp system in the world enabled?

23. Offline

RockyRhoads

yes, i have everything set to true.

24. Offline

Pylamo

yeah but is it in the world enabled? (you can change it in the hp config)

25. Offline

Wierdoom

Is there a way other than consulting the documentation to determine what parametres and values spell effects accept? I'd like to start using the newest snapshot of 1.0, but the lack of documentation forces me to resort to blind experimentation.

26. Offline

Pylamo

27. Offline

Damibomb

Can i already find the 1.4.2 versione or i must wait?

28. Offline

Pylamo

29. Offline

Damibomb

But is this 1.4.2 or 1.4.4 version?

30. Offline

Pylamo

Download the latest dev build and it will work with the latest bukkit dev build ;)