Right click with slime = recieve gift

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Barinade, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Barinade

I'm looking for a plugin that gives you a random item (from a list, details below) when you rightclick with a slime in your hand

There should be 100% chance to get an item, but very low chance to receive a rare item:

99% get iron ingot
    1% get diamond

^ config document

Multiple items would be nice, too

49%% to get 1 iron ingot,
    30% to get 2 iron ingots,
    20% to get 3 iron ingots,
    1% to get 1 diamond

I hope that makes sense. Thanks for reading :)

2. Offline

Lolmewn

Looks like fun! If I only knew how to let things go random..

3. Offline

maehtrix

Hi Barinade,

so you would like to have a plugin which generates gifts/presents by a given chance (configuration).
    Did i get it right?

Maybe if nobody already did something like a "Gift-System" the time wouldnt be worst.
    So give me feedback if you really want it this way.

regards,
    maehtrix

4. Offline

Barinade

There are some games where monsters drop pearls, you crack the pearl open and get a gift

Basically the same thing, but the gift will be slime-covered. :p

I'd also like something that says:
    "You just got a slime ball! You have X slime balls in your inventory now."

When you pick up a slime

But yeah, 100% chance to get a gift when rightclicking and holding a slime ball.
    Maybe it could say in chat what gift you got.

The way this would probably made is picking one of the gift items at random from the list but that won't work

If you only have 3 items in the list, one being diamond, then you have 33% chance to get a diamond.
    I don't want that.

I want the chance to get something specific configurable but I want people to always get something when using a slime. Maybe even a small percentage to get nothing, but not that common.

Another way you could do it is to pick the item at random then determine if they get it or not. Like 33% chance to get the chance to recieve a diamond, but then you have a 3% chance to actually get it. If you don't get it then it re-rolls for another gift.

5. Offline

Riot

Seems like the slime then would be a infinite spring of cheepness. But however in a MMORPG standpoint, pesky slimes do like to gnaw and swallow odd items. So my only stickler request to realism is that the slime dies upon you pulling out a slimy iron bar from it's digestive track.

6. Offline

Barinade

We have lowered the drop rate of slime balls from slimes a noticeable amount with the DropBonus mod.

7. Offline

Flaronix

That'd be nice for mods allowing you to change what enemies drop. So for example you could make a zombie drop slimes (0-2) and when you right click with the slime it takes one away and gives you a random currency. could be good for gifts, money, etc on RPGs.

8. Offline

Nijikokun

don't know if you can use slimes, since sometimes slimes are there but don't actually exist due to a cache issue or something.

9. Offline

Barinade

Not the NPC, I mean the slime ball that you get from them

Right click anything/anywhere while holding a slime = receive item

Edit: iConomy capable would be awesome :)

10. Offline

Barinade

Bump maybe?

11. Offline

jmonk

I don't think this would be that hard, just so we are clear on everything, you want: right click with slime, you lose one slime and then it will give you a random item, from a configurable file.

I'm thinking for a file format of something like this:
    Code:
    item:#of_items
    item_id_1:percent_chance:quantity
    item_id_2:percent_chance:quantity
    and so on?

EDIT: I went ahead and did this. If it wasn't what you are looking for it should be easy enough to change. I'll attach what I have so far. The gifts.txt file is in my craftbukkit directory.

Attached Files:

12. Offline

Jm Erestain

Lol good idea but for what event in an SMP?
    (just asking no offence ^_^)

13. Offline

jmonk

I assume your asking what event you can hook on to get slime right click? I used the onPlayerItem event to get this then I just checked the item in hand for a slime ball. The code is included in the jar file inside the zip I uploaded if you are interested.

14. Offline

Jm Erestain

oh... i`ll try sometime
    it already works???

15. Offline

jmonk

believe so, haven't done thorough testing.