[REVERSE-REQ] Would anyone here be interested in a 'true' zombiepocalypse plugin?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DrBoweNur, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Offline

DrBowe

The thread title says it all. I'm currently developing one for the server I play on, and I'm curious if I should be focusing on 'specifics', or try to make it a more configurable plug-in (in the event that anyone else wants a zombiepocalypse 'mode' that they can flip on and off)
    NEW WIP THREAD:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fu...-to-a-server-near-you-1000.27160/#post-490756
    What do I mean by 'true'?
    - only zombies
    - eternal night
    - Zombie-Credits (to buy stuff in a built-in store)
    - Special Zombie types
    - Scaling difficulty
    - Bosses
    - Stat-Tracking

Granted, not all of this is implemented yet, and some of it I don't even need for my server. Which brings us back to the topic at hand...

Would anyone actually want this on their server?
    Demonstration Video:

Specops343 likes this.
  2. Offline

Specops343

@DrBoweNur I would personally really like that idea, I would probably use some-form of it with this. All that stuff should be configurable, of course.

3. Offline

DrBowe

@Specops343
    Ah, I've been keeping my eye on that little gem as well :p

I'll upload some sort of demonstration video to sort of show what it does thus far, if you want.

4. Offline

Specops343

Nice, that'd be awesome.

5. Offline

DrBowe

Give me about 10mins for the video, and another 10 for a youtube upload :p

@Specops343
    Video's in OP

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  6. Offline

sounds awesome, please make the waves configurable in number and types of zombies and also make a 'zombie zone' if possible ... ppl would make the house .... then set the 'windows' which are blocks under a 1 block opening (to shoot thru)
    that the zombies can break thru to get into the house and have configurable places for mystery boxes because they will progress through the area as they do in COD5 Zombies

7. Offline

DrBowe

Well I'm not really going for a wave-defense sort of thing (since plugins like Mob Arena already accomplish this)
    I'm wanting to take a unique spin on L4D, with special zombies, and the sense that you are in a war with the undead (and that you are losing)
    I'm going to move this to WIP soon, but for now, here's some features I've added since the video:

Reaching 100% Synergy will start a timer that spawns a 'giant' near you, which will be capable of setting you on fire, shooting web, throwing you backwards, and resisting most arrow attacks.

The player with the most zombie kills during the event will be portrayed as a 'Zombie Slayer' server-wide, and will recieve a few nifty perks (such as Zombie Tracking on a compass)

8. Offline

kahlilnc

9. Offline

DrBowe

Well, of course there will be classic zombies :p
    I just had the special-spawn rate increased for the sake of the video. As for incorporating that, I feel like I could link to that thread in the main post (no sense in re-inventing the wheel)
    EDIT:
    Oh, its inactive...and causing CPU issues. Hrm.

kahlilnc likes this.
  10. Offline

chubbz

I think this would be awsome but could you add configeration so it can still have day

11. Offline

DrBowe

I'll add a config for that, but bear in mind that the only way zombies will spawn during the day (unless in a dark area), is via the random horde-generating system that I'm working on.

Update (Going to move into WIP after this)
    - added random horde-spawns (with, of course, increased chance based on synergy
    - base-line configurability added in
    - reaching 100% synergy triggers a 'boss fight' with a giant. So far, the giant will lunge at anyone shooting arrows at it, and every once in a while, smash the ground and throw players upwards.

Since Giants' AI isn't very bright, I'm looking for more ways to make this a bit more of an 'interesting' boss-fight.
    Any suggestions? Also, note that it will only occur if there's actually space for the zombie to spawn nearby.

EDIT:
    New thread:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fu...-to-a-server-near-you-1000.27160/#post-490756

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  12. Offline

chubbz

Oo random hoard generation

13. Offline

marcusramse1

Ahhh! Really nice idea! Gonna copycat this >:)