Restore block resistance in creative mode.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Gallion, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Offline

Gallion

I find that blocks being breakable with one hit in creative to be a bit too easy and also very prone to accidental block destruction, which is annoying. The idea is to restore the block resistance found in survival worlds and also give tools back their use. Being able to set the number of hits required to break all blocks would be a good enough alternative to restoring all block resistances if it's not possible to do.

Thank you very much!

2. Offline

Zaros

Don't think this is possible. Even then, its what creative is for. Its kinda pointless to switch it if you want the block resistance.

3. Offline

Gallion

It's not pointless, you got all the blocks in your inventory, no commands needed.

4. Offline

SBHouse

Except in this case, it breaks the portals between my creative world and survival worlds. And that's the only means I give my players for teleporting. I wish I could just make certain blocks resistant.

5. Offline

Gallion

You could use WorldGuard or something else to prevent anyone from destructing blocks.

6. Offline

SBHouse

I'll check it out! Does that work with the 1.8 creative mode though?

7. Offline

Gallion

That's a good question, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. It's possible to freely switch game modes in the same world simply by using a plugin that enables you to do so with a simple command, so it should work.

8. Offline

SBHouse

Seeing that it requires WorldEdit... I'm gonna have to keep looking.

9. Offline

Gallion

10. Offline

yttriuszzerbus

I have a creative server, but rather than creative mode, I switch monsters off and let everyone use /give and flymods.

11. Offline

SBHouse

Hmm... that looks promising, except that I'm fairly tied to a multi-world manager already. I don't want too much duplication. I'll have to investigate whether I can afford to transition. I wish I could find a simple mod that protected certain block types without a big shotgun approach.

(But thank you SO much for your suggestions - please don't think me ungrateful for your help!)

I might have found it! Although it says build 1000 so it is older...

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/se...over-block-placement-and-breaking-1000.15668/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  12. Offline

Gallion

That's what I used to do... however, the thing is that it would be much more simple config, permission and mod-wise to have it the other way around. It's a shame to be unable to take advantage of the creative mode because of how too easy or annoying it is.

13. Offline

SBHouse

I used to do what @yttriuszzerbus did too. But now with 1.8, I want to give access to the 1.8 creative. So I have WorldMode 1.7 that is enforcing the game mode per world. I have one creative world and 4 other worlds with various survival configurations. The only issue is that the insta-break makes it so users can accidentally break the stargate that lets you portal back to the other worlds.

14. Offline

Gallion

Someone in another thread told me that it was impossible to do due to how Notch coded the creative mode. So I submitted this idea on GetSatisfaction for the block resistance to be something configurable.
    If you feel like block resistance should be something configurable in creative mode, either through vanilla settings or through plugins, please upvote the idea.

http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/t...e_survivals_block_resistance_in_creative_mode