Restart server

Discussion in 'General Help' started by AndrewWinjum, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AndrewWinjum

How do I restart my server so that my plugins can become active???

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@AndrewWinjum
    If the server is already on, use /reload. If not, run the start file (normally its called start.bat or start.sh).

3. Offline

AndrewWinjum

If I type /reload it tells me I do not have permission to run this command.

I do not have any start.bat or start.sh file either

Also could you tell me how to give myself permission to do simple commands like /gamemode and /give ?
    -Thanks

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2017
  4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@AndrewWinjum
    You need to be op. Op yourself or run the command through the console.

5. Offline

AndrewWinjum

How do I op myself? And what is a console? (sorry I am new to this and dont really know what I am doing.)

6. Offline

YoloSanta

When you start your server a little gui should open unless your using a hosting service, If you are hosting at home then in the gui that says like "loading world <percentage> " something like that type in that chat "op <YourMinecraftName>" and you should have all permissions for gamemode and give.

Zombie_Striker likes this.
  7. Offline

AndrewWinjum

A gui opens up but then disappears immediately.

It does not give me enough time to reply.

By starting your server do u mean double clicking on the Jar file craftbukkit-1.11.2?

Is there another way I can op myself?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@AndrewWinjum
    Please do not spam. If you want to add onto your reply, click the edit button towards the bottom left side of your post (next to the report button)

In reply to all your posts
    1. Are you hosting the server on your computer or are you using a hosting company? If its your own computer, post the console log by going into <Server>/logs/recent.txt file and copying and pasting all the text into a reply. If you are using a hosting company, post which one you are using.
    2. Same as #1.
    3. No. That will cause 'hidden' servers to appear. If you have done that, either restart your computer or open up the task manager and end all Javaw tasks.
    4. No, not really.
    Also, why are you still on 1.11? Update to 1.12.

9. Offline

AndrewWinjum

O thanks for the edit tip I didnt see that. Ok and my client is on 1.12 but my server is not how do I update my server to 1.12? Im hosting from my computer. I just restarted my computer. When I go to my server it says it cannot connect what do I do now to start my server back up?

Here is my server log. I found it in <Server>/logs/latest does that sound right?

[00:02:03] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.11.2
    [00:02:03] [Server console handler/ERROR]: Exception handling console input
    java.io.IOException: The handle is invalid
    at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_101]
    at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_101]
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_101]
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_101]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.internal.NonBlockingInputStream.read(NonBlockingInputStream.java:248) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-3fb9445-6e3cec8]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.internal.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:261) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-3fb9445-6e3cec8]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.internal.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:198) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-3fb9445-6e3cec8]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader.readCharacter(ConsoleReader.java:2145) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-3fb9445-6e3cec8]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader.readLineSimple(ConsoleReader.java:3183) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-3fb9445-6e3cec8]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader.readLine(ConsoleReader.java:2333) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-3fb9445-6e3cec8]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader.readLine(ConsoleReader.java:2269) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-3fb9445-6e3cec8]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs.jline.console.ConsoleReader.readLine(ConsoleReader.java:2257) ~[spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-3fb9445-6e3cec8]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.DedicatedServer$2.run(DedicatedServer.java:86) [spigot-1.11.2.jar:git-Spigot-3fb9445-6e3cec8]
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/WARN]: To start the server with more ram, launch it as "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar"
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: CREATIVE
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/INFO]: This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-3fb9445-6e3cec8 (MC: 1.11.2) (Implementing API version 1.11.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Debug logging is disabled
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Server Ping Player Sample Count: 12
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Using 4 threads for Netty based IO
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on 184.97.40.169:25565
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Using default channel type
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/WARN]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/WARN]: The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: bind
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/WARN]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
    [00:02:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving players

10. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@AndrewWinjum
    1. To download a 1.12 server, you will need to use the --rev tag for buildtools. The link here tells you how to do this.
    2. Your issue may be that you put the IP in the server.properties file. That line is only meant for servers that require different ips then the ones being detected. Go to the server.properties file and remove the IP.

11. Offline

AndrewWinjum

I removed my IP from the server properties (which I opened in Notepad is this OK?) I still however cannot connect to my server how do I start my server up?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.