Requesting anvil block plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by jazzman170, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Offline

jazzman170

I would very much appreciate it if somebody could make a quick plugin that will stop all users (except admins) from using the new anvil's. I dont like the fact that players can simply repair their godlike weapons to full durability by sacrificing 1 normal weapon of the same type. Its just stupid in my opinion.

Suggested name: AnvilBlock

What I want: Basicly just the plugin to block everyone minus admins, from using anvils. It would have a permission i can add to admins which would allow them to use and make anvils, however by default this is set to false to stop all players or people WITHOUT this permission from using/building anvils.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: anvil.canuse - any player or group with this permission can use/build anvils.

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible. I'm not updating my server until i get this plugin.

iChrille likes this.
  2. Offline

piano9uber

I think this is possible, though I do not know how to do this. Sorry :p

3. Offline

CTRL

I will try, but i need some time, i don't have configured bukkit for 1.4.2

http://staraprochownia.pl/files/1/anvilblock.jar

anvilblock.canplace
    anvilblock.canuse

I will place this in server-mods later. Should I add anvilblock.canbreak?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  4. Offline

jazzman170

Thats not necessary but if somebody else needs that feature, sure! And tyvm for this plugin!

Ok i moved this plugin over to my official server and im getting spammed with this a LOT, but plugin still seems to block players from using anvils luckily.

2012-10-29 18:32:34 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to AnvilBlock v1.0
    org.bukkit.event.EventException

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:341)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:477)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:462)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:177)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:147)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:620)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.handle(SourceFile:58)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:282)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.d(NetServerHandler.java:111)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConnection.b(SourceFile:35)
    at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:30)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:569)
    at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:215)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:486)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:419)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:818)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at co.marcin.AnvilBlock.AnvilBlock.onPlayerClick(AnvilBlock.java:28)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor132.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:339)
    ... 16 more

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

Woobie

6. Offline

jazzman170

Sorry i have no idea how to check such things :3 I have no java experience.
    edit: OH you mean the other guy haha, sorry.

7. Offline

Zwing

And Anvil Enchantments block need :3..

8. Offline

jazzman170

Is anybody able to fix this?

im getting spammed so insanely bad in my server console, i really hope somebody can fix this soon. In just about 4 hours my server.log file went from 0kb (new) to 25 mb

9. Offline

cman1885

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Fixed. For anybody wondering, he checked the block that was clicked before he checked if the player clicked a block.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
    MrBluebear3 likes this.
  10. Offline

CTRL

Sorry bro, i saw this error only 1 time, and i thought it is not dangerous. Sorry for that, but i didn't find there anything wrong in that code, and i had no time to think about that 28 line. And remember that I first created that plugin, added on BukkitDev, and I will update plugin file to new fixed version. Thank you cman1885, I'll use your fix, if you send me code.

Fixed, I need BukkitDev aprove and people will be able to download new fixed version. Soon I'll add Break permissions and more.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/anvil-block/

11. Offline

jazzman170

Awesome :D And ty Cman for helping too! You guys are the greatest ^_^ Anybody else beside sjust me using this nice plugin? :D

On my server where players control the economy, i like for rare tools/weps/armors to STAY more rare and not common. Not to mention this anvil destroys the fortune economy. Basicly players have unlimited fortune max forever, i cant have that, it would destroy economy for diamonds/coal/redstone/lapis, ect.

12. Offline

cman1885

Looks like you fixed it, but put the whole interact event in this if statement:
    Code:
    if(event.getAction() == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_BLOCK){

}

13. Offline

iChrille

Thanks alot to this plugin because people on my server used to rename their things, and sell them in shop for like 20millions. Thats now fixed due to AnvilBlock. THANKS <3