[Requested] VirtualShop Update Project

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Mango, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mango

Background: There's this old plugin I used to love called VirtualShop. It's pretty much the best shop/economy plugin there is. But when Bukkit updated to the new event and configuration systems, it stopped working. I've seen a lot of people looking for an update, the original author (SwearWord) doesn't seem interested, so I decided to give it a try myself.

But there's still work to be done and I could use your help!
    I've reached a point where I'm pretty sure everything should work, but I'm working from a sluggish netbook that can just barely run Minecraft in the first place, let alone a test server too. I haven't even tested a real transaction.

If you'd like to help, please download the development build, run it, and see if there are any bugs. If you find any problems, please report them here. Developers are invited to go through the source code (it's in the .jar) and alert me of anything wrong there. Thanks!

Here's the download (includes source): VirtualShop-b8.jar

My test server setup (feel free to use other Economy plugins):
    • Latest CraftBukkit 1.3.1-R1.0 (build #2320, latest)
    • VirtualShop (obviously)
    • Vault v1.12.16-b184 (latest)
    • iConomy v7.0 "April Fools" (latest)
    Stuff I did to get Bukkit to even load it:
    • decompiled latest release from BukkitDev
    • recompiled SQL library and added it as a resource
    • removed statistics completely
    • organized imports, formatted source, fixed conventions
    • rewrote ConfigurationManager.java
    • coverted from Register to Vault's Economy API; required a rewrite of EconomyManager.java and changes to Buy.java
    • added Vault's Permissions API instead of Bukkit's
    • fixed InventoryManager.java
    • refactored package names from org.blockface.virtualshop to me.mango.virtualshop

Changelog:
    • b8 - Removed startup time (inaccurate); changed the output when an item can't be found with /find [First release on Bukkit forums as a dev build]
    • b7 - Moved OutputHandler.java to me.mango.virtualshop.util; updated database library from Github
    • b6 - Removed separate Vault/economy messages; added startup timer; renamed Chatty.java (stupid vague name) to OutputHandler.java
    • b5 - Added Vault permissions support; renamed EconomyManager.java to VaultManager.java
    • b4 - Fixed Vault problem by changing how Vault's economy is set up; separate messages for missing Vault and missing economy plugin
    • b3 - Removed loading message (already in Bukkit); debug version: not finding Vault correctly
    • b2 - Fixed NPE when Vault isn't found (trying to close database connection before it's initialized)
    • b1 - First 1.3.1-R1.0 compatible build

2. Offline

travja

3. Offline

Mango

I'm aware of the WIP forum, but I felt this belonged here because I needed some help. As for SignShop, I have tried multiple "physcial" shops on my server, but it's quite inconvenient for players to have to find other player's shops to buy their items. VirtualShop is much better in that items can be sold and bought from anywhere with direct competition between sellers.

4. Offline

travja

There is also the Essentials Economy stuff, so you need help updating or do you need it updated?

5. Offline

whitehooder

We all know that there is other plugins out there that can do all this economy stuff, but this guy liked the VirtualShop plugin best and wants to update it to help other people that can not do this their selves.
    Mango You basically want some testers do you? No help with the coding?

6. Offline

travja

I understand, I was just wondering if he really wanted to update it. I'm am open if you need me!

7. Offline

whitehooder

Good to see you on his side :D (Was just making sure ;))

8. Offline

travja

yeah, it's good to help people. I don't know exactly what needs updating like if it was before 1.2.x or what so I could probably do it depending on if he needs testers or Devs to help.

9. Offline

whitehooder

Exactly ;) Mango, I'm in if you need any tester or dev.

10. Offline

Mango

Testers, but dev help would be nice if I hit a problem I can't solve. I already updated it for 1.3.1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.