[Request] Zombie Players/Infection

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by SergeantLeper, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Offline

SergeantLeper

There was a great plugin on hMod in which admins can /setzombie on a player. The player would then burn in sunlight.
    Perfect idea, but the mechanics could use a bit more depth. Instead of an admin doing the command, how about if direct contact with a zombie could cause infection?

Of course, to keep infection from spreading like AIDs in Sub-Saharan Africa, there would need to be a variable, or a chance of infection. How about a 1/30 chance of being infected after being hit by a zombie?

And is it possible to make the infected 'allied' with monsters? As in, they aren't attacked by monsters unless the monsters are attacked by players? That way, infection would seem attractive to players who tire of being destroyed by monsters or roleplayers who would enjoy the prospect of joining a zombie invasion.

Here's what a perfect plugin as such (in my opinion) would entail:

-1/30 chance of being infected if hit by a zombie
    -Infection would cause:
    *Burning when exposed to sunlight
    *Monsters are passive towards infected

2. Offline

poeman

Man that sounds interesting, and would so add to the survival of the game!
    I mean whats better than your friends being douchebags and attacking you? xD

I would like something like this :)

3. Offline

SergeantLeper

Glorious.

4. Offline

SycoPrime

I was just thinking about a plugin like this. Except, instead of having a chance of infection, you're just clean when you respawn.
    Also, infected players would have to try to hunt down uninfected players. By borrowing code from Gastronomic, infected players would have to feast on brains in order to keep from starving to death.
    And to dissuade the idea of "I'll just die and respawn and be okay", maybe several minutes worth of play time at the lower levels of starvation would render the player "uncontrollable", a mindless beast drudging around the landscape like any other NPC.