[Request] Spawning AI-Controlled players

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by biel, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

biel

Actually spawning a "virtual" player can be an odissey, also it's unsafe and client crashes often happens as you are sending raw data to the communication protocol. Unfortunately, world.spawnEntity(EntityType.Player) don't work. Just does nothing.

Adding an API for that could be awesome.
    The idea is to maipulate everything what a real player can do. Change the head degree, get/set his inventory, use items, attack with sword/bow, move it (making it walk) and being part of the server.getOnlinePlayers(). The way it's handled can choose if it appear as an online player (in the online list).

This could open a billion of possibilities for PvP maps, being able to ge AI players and what's important: you can then write the behaviour over a strong and safe API.

First of all, what do you think about it?

2. Offline

Lolmewn

3. Offline

biel

Ok, I'll take a look at it

4. Offline

biel

Hi again, the library you have posted does not solve my problem. It can spawn players safely, but can't controll them. Also, the players are very bugged. Maybe something more could be done using nms code but that isn't the idea, as then the blugin breaks with every minecraft/bukkit release. It isn't a solid library with human entities. I've tested it with any other mob and it works perfectly. There isn't any public API for the player entitiy.
    I reopen my request for this bukkit feature.

5. Offline

fafler

Citizens2 with Denizen and Sentry can do that. FakePlayersOnline can add them to the player list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.