[REQUEST][REQUEST] new way to do this please help (no one has done this yet) [sand break]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xguysprison, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Offline

xguysprison

Plugin category: idk

Suggested name: sand break

What I want: the ability for sand/gravel to turn into a solid block at Y255 to be removed

(this may help http://jd.bukkit.org/rb/doxygen/d3/d38/interfaceorg_1_1bukkit_1_1entity_1_1FallingBlock.html )
    Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: non needed

When I'd like it by: tuesday or wensday.

bump this shoud be easy

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Offline

simgar98

Don't bump within 24 hours, and if you can't code, don't estimate if it is easy or not.

dsouzamatt likes this.
  3. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

xguysprison Besides that: what entity? The block: if you fire a tnt cannon then that is already happening.

4. Offline

xguysprison

timtower the entity as it is if you drop it with Q so if it lands it wont turn into a block

timtower you going to do it or?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  5. Online

Nope

6. Offline

xguysprison

7. Offline

xguysprison

8. Offline

Zupsub

So you want sand to immediately break, if this sand is placed above y 255?
    If the sand is already placed during chunk generation above 255, should it be removed too?
    Is there already sand that needs to be removed above y 255?

9. Offline

xguysprison

Zupsub

all sand that gets fired by tnt cannon and gets placed above y 255 needs to get removed asap

10. Offline

DerpyMan

Isnt the limit of block building is 250?

11. Offline

xguysprison

12. Offline

Zupsub

13. Offline

xguysprison

@zipsub dosent work

14. Offline

ThePluginMaker

xguysprison
    Might beable to do this, let me give it a try, i'm using @Zupsub's code just changing it a bit

15. Offline

xguysprison

ThePluginMaker you can do it if you want to but please finnish the other one first

16. Offline

Zupsub

Please tag me correct, I was good luck, that I saw your post.
    Then "dosent work" doesn't help me (or you). Error log? What have you tried? What happened? What should happened?

17. Offline

ThePluginMaker

Zupsub
    Well the plugin you made is incorrect because you're looking for the block Sand, not the entity FALLING_BLOCK, i tried to mix around your code, but i'm still new to coding.

18. Offline

Zupsub

ThePluginMaker
    The event is fired, when an entity (falling block) forms a (normal) block, so it should work.

19. Offline

ThePluginMaker

Zupsub, just make it so when a FALLING_BLOCK goes above 255 y it clears the entity

20. Offline

Zupsub

ThePluginMaker: Well, if this would be so easy, I would already have done it, wouldn't I? But there isn't a EntityMoveAbove255Event or a EntityMoveEvent. So I'd have to run a repeating timer looking for each entity and cheking it's actual hight. But that would case probably much laggs.

21. Offline

ThePluginMaker

Not sure i'm i'm allowed to bump this post, but i would really want this plugin too.

22. Offline

Geekxboy

Only issue i could see with the theory of this plugin is that not all Roof cannons will shoot the blocks above y:255
    so my solution was:
    1) check for explosion
    2) check 5 block radius around explosion for water
    3) if water exists then no blocks get damaged from explosion

Should work properly but if you have any issues, please let me know
    Download Link

23. Offline

ThePluginMaker

Geekxboy
    Most bases go up to skylimit that's why we don't want sand to go that high.

24. Offline

Geekxboy

ThePluginMaker
    Okay but not all do so to combat that issue, I suggested and coded an alternative that will work for both scenarios

25. Offline

xguysprison

26. Offline

maved145

27. Offline

xguysprison

i really need this and i only want the falling sand and gravel to get removed at y255 its a big prolem that other servers have fixed but i cant find a way please help me and create this plugin

28. Online

29. Offline

xguysprison

30. Online

xguysprison Your first line doesn't make any sense at all. Please use full words, not shorted words please.