[REQUEST] Predefined Messages (For Support Staff)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by nxtguy, Oct 28, 2012.

?

Would this kind of plugin interest you?

1. Yes.

100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

nxtguy

Plugin Category: CHAT/ADMIN
    Suggested Name: Pre-Defined MSG (This is a Crappy Plugin Name. Please do not use. :))

What I want: On my server I get a lot of players asking the same questions, over and over again. Instead of my staff members having to type the answer each time, I was wondering if there was a plugin that would let me set predefined messages (in a config file) and let moderators look like they are saying them when they type a command.

Example
    Players asks a question "How can I rank up?"
    Moderator BOB type a command.
    Chat says "[Moderator] BOB: You can rank up automatically depending on how long you play."

Ideas for Commands:
    /command list
    /command add
    /command remove
    /command 1
    /command 2
    /command 3
    etc.
    I honestly do not know a good name for the root command. Something to do with the name of the title of the plugin.

Ideas for Permissions:
    plugin.*
    plugin.list
    plugin.add
    plugin.remove
    plugin.id.[Message ID]
    e.g: plugin.id.3

When I would like it by:
    As soon as possible, no rush. I have little to no Java knowledgeable, but I would love to suggest ideas to the developers while I use the plugin myself.

I know this is a very simple plugin, and I'm sure many server owners would like a plugin like this.

Thanks,
    NXTGUY

Founder of NXTCRAFT.com

2. Offline

MYCRAFTisbest

I forget the name, but I saw a plugin review of a plugin that does this on youtube. I think WoophaGaming made the review. It checks the chats for a phrase or group of key words.

EX: Can, I, Op
    "Can I be an op?"
    -"[auto-admin] NO, to be an op you must earn it."
    "Can I Op my friend?"
    -"[auto-admin] NO, to be..."

3. Offline

waco001

I'd love to try this out! PM if you have any questions

4. Offline

keywc

Just so you know, people never read (or listen to) predefined messages. They will keep asking the same question again and again. Those people probably didn't read the rules of your server (just put a "no, you can't be op" sign at spawn).

5. Offline

GRPGamer

No, but it would be good for things like 'How do I donate' Admin: 'You can donate by going to...' etc.

6. Offline

nxtguy

MYCRAFTisbest keywc
    Sorry, I might have not made it clear in the first topic. What I meant was to make it look like the moderator actually typed the message. So for example:

[Member] RandomPlaya1: Hey is there a moderator online that can answer my question?
    [Moderator] SuperModeratorGuy: Yah, what do you need?
    [Member] RandomPlaya1: Hey guys how do I do this random thing?
    SuperModeratorGuy type /command 2 (2 being the id of what he wants to say)
    In the chat it says: [Moderator] SuprtModeratorGuy: This is the answer to that random question you had.

But the moderator never typed that long answer, he only typed /command 2 or something like that.

Awesome! Is there a Bukkit Dev page already up where I can look at it? Or could you post the link to the early beta so I can help test?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016