[Request] Only spawn mobs from a spawner.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by mainblz, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Offline

mainblz

Hello,
    I do appologize if it already exists, but I have been looking for a plugin that would allow me to block ALL natural-spawning mobs, excluding mobs spawned by a mob-spawner.
    If it already exists, I would really appreciate a link.
    Thanks in advanced.

2. Offline

wow4201

I Would also like to see this

3. Offline

CheeseKeg

I was unable to locate a plugin that clearly labels itself as doing both - but I do have a couple of suggestions:

The best approach I can think of (if you'd like to rid the entire server of mobs) is to use NoMobSpawner to prune out mob spawners from chunks as they're generated and simply set both spawn-monsters and spawn-animals to false within server.properties to prevent mobs from naturally spawning around the server.

If you only wish to do this within specific worlds, then I would suggest using a multiworld plugin to stop mobs from naturally spawning such as NoSpawn, then - if you discover that the plugin doesn't stop mob spawners from functioning as well - add NoMobSpawner and ensure that you configure it to filter the correct world(s).

Kind regards,
    - Brandon.

Er.. disregard the fact that I misread the title and your text.. For some reason, I thought that you were asking for a plugin that rids all mobs including those which come from mob spawners. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my top answer is also overly complicated, as I'm pretty certain that disabling spawn-monsters and spawn-animals would stop all mobs, even those from mob spawners, anyways. >.<

Anyhow, the answer is: MobToggle
    "However, it will NOT prevent mobs from spawning by unnatural means, such as mob spawners or other plugins."
    Kind regards,​
    - Brandon​

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  4. Offline

mainblz

Ah! Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for. Props to you sir.

5. Offline

CheeseKeg

Glad I could help!

6. Offline

wow4201

Don't seem to be having any luck with this plugin.
    1. The toggle system is broken (If I disable mobs for some reason 1 minute later it will just revert to allow mobs again)
    2. When mobs are disabled the spawners are disabled as well

7. Offline

mainblz

Yea same here. I don't think it works for the most recent version of craftbukkit.

8. Offline

kochu

Having the same problem right now. Entity Suppressor should have the needed functionality, but it's broken atm.

9. Offline

kochu

10. Offline

anthonyc39

to turn monsters off, go into server. properties and put mobs to false....right?