[Request] Live Dynamic Map

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ChadTheDJ, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Offline

ChadTheDJ

Sosser likes this.
  2. Offline

Tythus

With any luck yes I believe almost all of the hmod plugin programmers are coming over

3. Offline

ChadTheDJ

I hope, I think this is my favorite one. So useful

4. Offline

Sky.NET

Signed, wish to use it on my own server. its just awesome.

5. Offline

Moo Master

isn't this non-bandwidth friendly or power hungry? (RAM wise)

6. Offline

ChadTheDJ

Actually this map is a processor hog (I had to upgrade to a 6 core processor because of it). Does not use that much ram but I have 16GB on my server. I host the website and server on the same box but have not had a major issue yet (well only when my last quad core processor I had in it)

7. Offline

resba

Sounds about as easy as taking pictures and pasting them onto a wall :3

8. Offline

ChadTheDJ

Yeah, but its still very cool to track players position

9. Offline

FrozenCow

I'm not the developer of the original Dynamic Map, but I've ported it to the latest Bukkit: https://github.com/FrozenCow/dynmap/tree/bukkit . It works for placing blocks, not yet destroying and not yet generating a full map in one go. I'd also like to add some new features before calling it done.

10. Offline

ChadTheDJ

yeah, thanks for getting it started. Maybe someone else can help with this project. Unfortunately, I have no clue how to do that and cannot assist with that.

11. Offline

Driiper

Is there any chance that you could make a little guide on how to build the source to work. New to linux so cant figure it out :(

Edit: Some progress on compiling. though getting error whenever i set out a block (when its supposed to update / add the PNG

Code:
    2011-01-12 15:08:46 [INFO] dynmap: invalidating tile t_-256_384
    2011-01-12 15:08:46 [INFO] dynmap: invalidating tile ct_-256_384
    2011-01-12 15:08:46 [INFO] dynmap: invalidating tile t_-256_384
    2011-01-12 15:08:46 [INFO] dynmap: invalidating tile ct_-256_384
    2011-01-12 15:08:46 [INFO] dynmap: rendering tile t_-256_384_-256_384...
    2011-01-12 15:08:46 [INFO] dynmap: rendering tile t_-256_384_-256_384...
    Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.dynmap.kzedmap.DefaultTileRenderer.scan(DefaultTileRenderer.java:117)
            at org.dynmap.kzedmap.DefaultTileRenderer.render(DefaultTileRenderer.java:53)
            at org.dynmap.kzedmap.KzedMap.render(KzedMap.java:91)
            at org.dynmap.MapManager.run(MapManager.java:134)
    Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.dynmap.kzedmap.DefaultTileRenderer.scan(DefaultTileRenderer.java:117)
            at org.dynmap.kzedmap.DefaultTileRenderer.render(DefaultTileRenderer.java:53)
            at org.dynmap.kzedmap.KzedMap.render(KzedMap.java:91)
            at org.dynmap.MapManager.run(MapManager.java:134)

12. Offline

FrozenCow

Ah yes, that was pretty stupid of me. At the moment, you have to put the colors.txt in your minecraft directory (the same one where you put craftbukkit.jar). Though colors.txt won't be required in the future, since I planned on including it in dynmap.jar.

Also, the tiles were written to '/srv/http/dynmap/tiles'. In the latest commit I've changed that to 'tiles' (which will also be in your minecraft directory). Also this will change, when there is support for plugin-data in Bukkit.

EDIT: You won't need colors.txt in the latest commit. It'll get included in the jar when you generate dynmap.jar. I'm still working on some client-side stuff before releasing dynmap.jar.