Request for a plugin that configures which monsters burn in sunlight

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Seth.D, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Seth.D

I would love a plugin that allows you to choose which monsters burn in sunlight. Me and the members of my server are tired of being attacked by Creepers and Spiders in the middle of the day. Yes I know that CreeperNerf fixes terrain but it still damages the player. And for some reason Spiders become hostile if you hang around them for a bit.

If anyone's actually interested in developing a plugin for this, it would be nice if you could choose which players burn in sunlight as well. Not necessary, just would be nice. :D

2. Offline

8e8

Looking into this.

EDIT:
    Already I can say, although it is plausible, it isn't looking very good. There currently is no method to detect entity movement, and the only viable recourse for this would be a timed event. The problem there is that the event will be gathering the data of all entities matching the criteria, and running the sunlight detection method on them. This could be very problematic on a large server, as it might cause a LOT of lag. Nevertheless, I'll continue the quest to make this possible, and hope that there's a solution in the near future.

Release candidate has been made: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ignite-v1-0-rc-the-indiscriminate-sunlight-plugin.1744/

Test it out.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016