[Request] Easy plugin idea, help!!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by gamer1129, Jun 16, 2011.

?

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Offline

gamer1129

Hello you plugin developers that are reading this and you other people. I run a small server for myself and a few friends, and I have been looking for a plugin to do something specific, but I have come up short!

My idea is simple. A clock plugin, only more customizable and more usable in more places. The few clock plugins I could find, only either broadcasted it or were able to flash it up on a sign, but what am I going to do for a town square? Put clock signs everywhere? What I want is a plugin that allowed you to make a clock out of blocks, like a water background with lava letters or something.

Another idea is customization right there in game. Lets say, you want to make a clock that ONLY has the hour, and the minutes. With current plugins you need to make that an option and then only have one. Here is my idea, when you make the clock, carve out what you want. HH for the hour, MM for minute, and SS for seconds. Sort of like this:
    [​IMG]
    (if you could not see it go to this link http://imgur.com/ae481 if you still can't see it then i'm sorry but theres nothing I can do.)

just carve out what you want. That way, you can specify how big you want it to be, and what you want. Now the other part, is activating it by command. The way I picture this, is you make a background, say of a solid block. Then, you carve out what you want and you put the blocks you want to be the lettering in. Then you select it somehow (probably with a gold axe or something like that) then you type a command to activate it. The command would probably look something like this, /clock activate lava. This would activate the selection you made, it would recognize the lava as the numbers to be used, and would detect the letters you carved for the input you want.

So just to recap:

- Carve letters for the input wanted, HH for hour, MM for minute, and SS for seconds

- Customizable timezone or maybe include minecraft time, adjustable via command

- Make sure that the size can be whatever so long as the spaces are big enough for the numbers, so you could make a huge clock or a more tiny one depending on what you want

- Not too weighty, I would not run a plugin for this if it lagged me

- Permissions compatible. Because I am a control freak lol

This is a bit of a plugin task for any who dare to take it on, at least I assume so, so I would like to thank anyone who dumped any effort into this at all right here. I appriciate anyone who helps me out, again, thank you :D

-gamer1129 always thirsty for more