[Request] Duribility Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by matthayez011, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Offline

matthayez011

Change the Duribility of certain items say a Dirt Block to a the durability with an Obsidian Block but thats just an example that way people wouldnt be able to grief certain blocks, but anyways i was wondering if it was possible and if someone could do it.

Bump i would just like to know if this is at all possible

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  2. Offline

matthayez011

BUMP, i really need to know if this is possible

3. Offline

Baummann

No, it's not possible.

4. Offline

matthayez011

is there a plugin that will only allow you to break certain blocks?

5. Offline

ItsHarry

Most likely yes

6. Offline

matthayez011

whats the name of it?

whats it called?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  7. Offline

ItsHarry

I don't know the name, I'm just saying the chance is high there is one. Search for something like block blacklist, etc.

8. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I think changing block durability is possible, actually. Would be a bit of work though.

9. Offline

McAdvPlugin

Wouldn't this require a server side mod? As well maybe a client mod?

10. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

A Bukkit plugin is a server-side mod. :p But I don't believe this would require a client mod; I think you could have a map of locations to damage, and increment the damage every time you receive a BLOCK_DAMAGE event. Then once it reaches the appropriate damage level, you tell it to break; if I recall correctly, the damage event has a function to do just that. The hardest part probably would be detecting that the player has stopped mining so you can reset the damage to zero.

11. Or you could spoof a block(a ton of work) and change the durability. It would have to be built against craftbukkit though. Check out blocksOnGlass or whatever, that spoofs the glass block.

12. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Building against CraftBukkit may allow you to directly edit the values that the server checks to determine a block's durability, but... no guarantees since they could just as easily be hard-coded or stored as final variables. I think what I described above would work better.

13. thats a darn good point :confused:

14. Offline

jonilaht

Armor durability plugin would be nice.

15. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

This is about block durability.