[Request Denied] dev.bukkit.org gives 403 error

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by ItsMas_, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ItsMas_

Whenever I try to go to any link starting with dev.bukkit.org, I get given a 403 Forbidden error.
    I am aware this is only happening under my ip adress.

When viewing the site from a vpn, it works fine, however my plugin seems to have been deleted as it throws a 404.

Has my IP been blacklisted from bukkitDev? If so, why?

2. Offline

MisterErwin

@ItsMas_ In case your name on dbo is "ItsMas":

3. Offline

ItsMas_

I gave the author UUID perms to use the plugin, and use a nickname command, not op themself ^_^

This was made so I could test plugin permisisons without having to deop and reop myself from the console. I guess I should have removed that before uploading it ;-;

Is there some way I can appeal this ban/Request a reconsideration?

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@ItsMas_ Giving power over a plugin is never a good idea when uploading it.
    Contact Curse.

5. Offline

ItsMas_

Ok, thanks.
    Also, I have uploaded multiple different versions of the plugin, how come I was only banned after the 6th time?

6. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Did they all have the UUID perm stuff? What was the new stuff that you added?
    And I can't guarantee anything as I can't check it for myself.

7. Offline

ItsMas_

The first upload, I added a "-dev /nick" command.
    The second, a "-dev /sm" command to use the StaffMenu GUI in my plugin.
    The 4th, a "-dev /fchat" command so I could make my alternate accounts on my test server run commands without me having to switch windows. I guess this was what was seen as the dodgy bit of code.
    Nothing else was added since, the 5th and 6th uploads were both bug fixes.
    There was mever any code to directly op myself however, as claimed in the ban reason.

8. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

@ItsMas_ were the previous versions with the UUID check fully approved, or just uploaded?

9. Offline

ItsMas_

Fully approved

10. Offline

ItsMas_

Curse denied my request stating that this code is never needed in the debugging process.

I guess that is the end for me, since there is no place to upload my plugins now, unless I am allowed to create another account, which I asume would not be allowed.

Thanks anyway everyone :(

11. Offline

Lolmewn

@ItsMas_ Just create another account and don't do silly things again :p

12. Offline

ItsMas_

Would that not count as ban evasion?

13. Offline

teej107

Don't worry you can just say @Lolmewn said it was okay. He's a retired staff!

ItsMas_ likes this.
  14. Offline

ItsMas_

Okay, I may create a new account in the next few weeks.

One more question: Is it possible for me to be un-ip-banned, since it is kinda annyoing having to turn my vpn on every time I want to view BukkitDev

15. Offline

teej107

Talk to one of the admins about it

ItsMas_ likes this.
  16. Offline

eyamaz

Don't promote ban evasion.

@ItsMas_ PM me at the end of February and I'll rereview your case. At the minimum, I enforce a one month ban. In the future, write such code as a separate plugin so that you don't upload it into the wild.

oceantheskatr, shades161 and ItsMas_ like this.
  17. Offline

Lolmewn

Exactly! Hihi :3

@eyamaz Only promoting second chances here ^^ He made a silly mistake and won't do it again (I'm sure of it).

tjbruce likes this.
  18. Offline

eyamaz

I'm not against giving second chances, hence my reply to the author. However, telling someone to do a ban evasion as part of their "second chance" is in poor form. If they get caught, they would just get banned again and ruin any attempt at getting unbanned in the first place.

19. Offline

ChipDev

My alts got banned! Hehe, i've tried....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.