[Request] Decently Simple - PlayerEffects

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Derugo, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Offline

Derugo

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: PlayerEffects or PEffects

What I want: Just a plugin meant for adding fun into PvP games/servers. Adds random effects that players can do for their own benefit or help a team mate (if it's team-PvP). Would be good to add your own effects in a config but I know that's quite impossible, so here's a few I thought up of that I'd personally like on my own server.

Teleporter: When a player throws an enderpearl at a player it teleports them to a random area in say, a 25x25 area around the player that threw the pearl and up in the air about 5-10 blocks so they take damage? Not too big of an area as the map a server may be using might be no bigger than this. (possibly disable the enderpearl teleport in vanilla Minecraft? Or block it?)

Freezer: When a player throws a snowball at a player it freezes them for X amount of seconds, allowing the freezer a good attack at them, perhaps allowing the player frozen to rotate and attack but not move forward, sidewards or backwards. (Possibly be able to choose how long in the config?)

Inferno: Set the blocks in a 5x5 area on fire when right clicking a blaze rod or blaze powder. (possibly lengh of time customisable in the config?)

RandomPotionEffect: Give a random debuff when right clicking a player with a spiders eye or fermented spiders eye (poison, instant damage, slowness, blindness or weakness) (time customisable in the config?)

PlayerFisher: The ability to fish in a player with a fishing rod. (when fishing a player it teleports the player being fished to the player fishing/using the rod)

Daze: Gives a % chance of dazing a player when shot with a bow and arrow. (% customisable in the config?)

Also, if possible. Could there be a cooldown for each effect, which is customisable in the config? Also all messages customisable, and a message for each effect, plus variables for each effect.

EG: PlayerFisher: "&eYou have been fished by &c%fisher%&e!"
    Cooldown: "&4You must wait &l{time} &4before using this again!"

Ideas for commands: Commands aren't really needed but I suppose a reload command for when the server owner changes the config?

/pereload - reloads the config

Ideas for permissions:

playereffect.reload - reload the config
    playereffect.teleporter - allows teleporting players
    playereffect.freezer - allows freezing players
    playereffect.inferno - allows fire effect
    playereffect.potion - allows randompotion effect
    playereffect.fisher - allows the playerfisher effect
    playereffect.daze

When I'd like it by: Saturday-Monday (if possible) ASAP would be good.

2. Offline

Derugo

3. Offline

JBoss925

Lol man not trying to be mean but that's a lot. Nobody really want's to do a huge plugin for free. Perhaps if you posted these in parts people would be willing to do it. It's possible but it's a lot and there's no motive to do it.

4. Offline

Derugo

Well, at first glance (for me) this doesn't seem that much. I never said anyone would do it for free, but according to the plugin request guide, monetary offers are forbidden. I was under the influence that requesting a plugin was to request it being made, not to be told nobody will make it because it's "too much" or there's no payment involved. Also, for clarification, you weren't being mean by saying that.

5. Offline

Floorguy48

All I wanted was a plugin that did with the bow what this guy wants the fishing rod to do.... Just one weapon.... Not a bunch.... And I didn't even get a reply............. :(

Derugo likes this.
  6. Offline

Derugo

A lot of plugin requests don't get replied to nowadays, and if they do it's either being told to ask somewhere else or being linked to a completely different plugin that does nothing alike what was asked for. Personally I think that everyone wants to be paid for making even the simplest of plugins, as JBoss said, "Nobody really want's to do a huge plugin for free."

7. Offline

nateracecar5

I'm trying to help in the plugin requests section, so even though I can't do this, I still try to reply to most people. I take bukkit plugin coding as something fun, like a hobby, not a job that I get paid for, and that's what everyone should treat it as.