[REQ] World Changer - Small plugin ($5)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Tauryuu, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Tauryuu

Plugin category: World Editing and Management, (Fun, when completed)

Suggested name: N/A (It will be used in a plugin based on PvP)

A bit about me: I own Embarker, which is just a fancy way of say I own a server. I code, but I am only a beginner. The co-owner and I are trying to code something that automates map changes and team allocations. We got the team allocations part done, but anything that has to do with the World is completely new to us. As our last resort, we turned to the Bukkit community.

What I want: On enable, the plugin will randomly pick a world, duplicate it, then load the duplicated world. When a team wins (we coded that already), everyone will be kicked for the world for the delete and change. The world that is currently loaded (that's probably been wreaked with TNT and fire everywhere) will be deleted. The plugin will randomly choose a world again, duplicate it, then load the duplicated world. (The worlds are duplicated are so the original world can be reused in the future).

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: Not needed.

Willing to pay up to: $5 - it will be private. Please send the source files too :)

When I'd like it by: December 29th, 2011

Similar plugin requests: None.

Devs who might be interested in this: @TnT @ChrizC @codename_B

2. Offline

turt2live

I can look into creating this, no major timeline other than my personal goal of before Dec. 29th.

I'll update you if you prefer, does PM work for final product? (I noted the "private" portion is why I ask)

3. Offline

Tauryuu

Sure, PM works fine. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

4. Offline

turt2live

Never actually thought of this until now:

Load the plugin before or after worlds created/loaded by Bukkit?

5. Offline

PatrickFreed

Duplicating and loading separate worlds doesn't seem too efficient to me...

What you could do is just store the chunk data (not exactly sure how) and revert and are after the battle is over. I've seen it done in other plugins.

6. Offline

turt2live

I'm not quite sure I understand...

Essentially take a world loaded by Bukkit, and copy the data into a blank world?

Meaning the plugin would run as follows:
    <<Bukkit Loads Worlds>>
    <Choose Random World>
    <Copy Data to a Blank World>
    <Reload World to see changes>
    <<Done>>

Upon further inspection, there is no real API for "Copying Worlds".

I can create a decent plugin that literally copies files and then reloads the new world... but that would be a massive amount of lag while it does that...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  7. Well, as long as the world you copy to and from are booth completely unloaded you could do the copying itself in an asyncTask with some kind of locking and a syncRepeatingTask waiting for the lock to release and starting the in-game actions if so.

8. Offline

Tauryuu

I don't mind having lag. I don't mind having to lock the server down until the new world is copied/loaded. I just need it to be automated.

9. Offline

turt2live

He's right, and with the skill level I have, I'd break something trying to do that.

Sorry :( I don't think I'll be able to do this one

10. Offline

PatrickFreed

This is really a bad way of doing it. I could make one that just reverts a cuboid back after destruction if you'd accept that. It's much easier, more efficient, and, in turn, less laggy that way.

11. Offline

Tauryuu

Please do :)

Will it be possible to change the cuboid to multiple cuboids, instead of just 1 cuboid?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

PatrickFreed

I don't understand your question. If it is "can there be multiple arenas?", then yes.

13. Offline

Tauryuu

Yes, but not simultaneously, right? (I only want 1 at a time.)

14. Offline

Tauryuu

15. Offline

PatrickFreed

Erm, I haven't started yet. (sorry :() I've been somewhat busy with other projects.

So these are the goals:
    • User defines a cuboid that is set as an areana
    • User creates game in which people join and blow the shit out of each other
    • After game reaches certain score, the area regens
    Now, you said you already added code for when games end/start, any way I could see that to understand how what I write will work into it?
    I could just throw it in a util class and have you call it when the game ends.

16. Offline

Tauryuu

When the "victory condition" is fulfilled, the plugin runs a bunch of database cleanups. I was planning to add the region regen there. So the util class will work fine. :)

17. Offline

PatrickFreed

It's 1 am where I am, so I'm going to get some sleep and start tomorrow.

18. Offline

PatrickFreed

Everything is going well so far, will be finished tonight/tomorrow if all goes well. :)

Done: pming you now.