[REQ] What plugin is this?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by sizoxe, Jul 5, 2012.

?

Would you like this plugin?

1. Yep!

75.0%
  2. Nah..

25.0%
  3. Maybe.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

sizoxe

I don't know if this is a custom made plugin, or if it exists. If it doesn't exist, I would really love to se someone make it, because this is a pretty handy and cool thing.

So this is a plugin who makes it able to write on modified maps with text colors and such. And also specify them in an StarterKit or such, as you see on the picture, this was just an random server that I found, and when I joined I found all these in my inventory with allot of information on them, and colors and such.

I know there is an existing plugin, Conjurer, but this isn't it. The one on the picture has colors, and have some better decoration.

[​IMG]

2. Offline

WarmakerT

Rage. This forum is used to request devs to MAKE plugins and not to search for plugins.

3. Offline

sizoxe

It's both. So is my thread.

4. Offline

WarmakerT

"Got an idea for a plugin? Post it here and someone might make it!"
    It's not:
    "Want to copy a plugin from a server? Post here and the developers might search for it(they have nothing else to do)!"

5. Offline

rominos2

WarmakerT
    I agree with you.
    But take it easy on users.
    It's the third thread where you're raging.
    You can say it nicer ^^

6. Offline

sizoxe

Well, sorry for that then, but I can't seem to find any other place to post this, and since this in worst case was an non-existing plugin, it would be an REQ.

So if anybody recognize this plugin, or want to do it, please write it in this thread :D

7. Offline

WarmakerT

I'm pretty sure that the number's higher xD

Also:
    "The maps are stored separately as their own data (.dat) file as map_x.dat with (x) being the map number, see Map Item Format for more info. By manipulating this number, players can organize their maps to suit them, or if they accidentally create a map in the same location, they can delete their extra map so as to save the number they make."

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  8. Offline

sizoxe

Ahhh, cool, thanks! :D
    So if I make an custom map, how do I do that, and witch directory do I put it in?

9. Offline

np98765

Found this on the wiki:

"They are placed in the "data" directory within the world's save directory"

You can read more here.

(I'm trying to figure out how to do this as well.)

(Or, you can just wait until 1.3 for writable books. :p)

10. Offline

Deathmarine

Its not that bad. You just use the map writer api in bukkit to draw out each map. Writable books..... mmm... Server side email client.... Can't wait either.

11. Offline

sizoxe

How do I do that? Add me on Skype :D
    Brother-MH