[REQ] Vouch Promote - Let players get promoted by others

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by odielag, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Offline

odielag

This would allow players to promote new players to have build status and if those new players grief the player who promoted gets a lower reputation and less of an ability to promote! This would save me a lot of micromanagement of promoting people and would give incentives to moderators to pick people who don't grief.

So, it would go like this... let's say we have permissions ranks of exile, default, player, regular, moderator, ... A regular player, let's name him Sam101, has a VP (Vouch Promote) rank of 10. The default player has a rank of null.... Normally every hour a person plays they would get an increase in their rank number of 1, so really Sam101 has played for 10 hours... (this could also keep track of played time).

It would cost 4 (configurable) VPs to promote someone two ranks below you to the rank just below you, and then that new person gets the rank up (which with the correct permissions, would allow them to build)...

So now, Newplayer2 gets a VP of 0, and Sam101 get's a VP of 6... So why would Sam101 promote? Because promoting players that don't get banned increases his ability to get VPs... Maybe instead of getting 1 per hour they could get .1 point for every point a person they promotes gets...

If someone gets banned, then the person who promoted them originally would get some sort of negative impact to their VPs, maybe -4 (configurable).

Summary: This would allow players to be able to self-manage promotions. I'm sure this could be said simpler and it's a lot more complex in reality... but I would love to give my players the ability to promote new people and be very hesitant in promoting.

2. I agree that this is a great idea unfortunately I think it would be a bit too complex for me :) monitoring playtime is the bit I would find hard :) I'm sure one of the plugin devs would find this easy though :)