[REQ] Triggered Inventories

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Gaussflayer, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Gaussflayer

Essentially what I would like to be able to do is set an area (by cuboid selection), and set it that when players walk into or out of it changes are made to their inventories. These changes may be total wipes, the addition of certain items or the removal of others - or a combination.

That is in the ideal world. A simpler tool (I think) would be a sign that when right-clicked enacted the inventory changes that match the text on the sign - though these changes will likely have to be stored in an external file, there wont be enough room on a sign to write it all. If this approach is taken the sign must also act like a button or a pressure plate, because I want to force people to do it as they move through an area.

The context of this is:
    The server has several worlds running, some worlds are RP, some have item restrictions and others (will soon) have free items. Players use portals to move between worlds. 'Triggered Inventories' would allow control of items both between worlds and as rewards for quests.

We have tried MultiInv, this is not suitable because it stores player inventories in files and slows the server, we are fine with inventories not being saved (People will quickly learn how to use chests before moving between worlds)

2. Offline

sk89q

I could add this to WorldGuard, perhaps when 1.5 Bukkit is ready.

gsand likes this.
  3. Offline

Gaussflayer

awesome thank you!