[REQ]Timed Doors

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ashley, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Offline

ashley

Hi there,

is there a possibility to make timed doors
    ex. i have a trainstation and a train that arrives every 2 min.
    when the train arrives at the station i want the doors at the station to open so passengers can step in
    and close the doors when train has left the station
    also maybe a detect plugin that can detect when train is full and close the doors
    (i need the doors to stay closed so people can't walk on the tracks)

im using Train Carts, Sign Link plugin
    to make station

2. Offline

ashley

bump - Anyone?

3. Offline

Omnitv

you can use red stone circuitry so when a cab *train car hits a certain part of track that is powered , it sends a signal to the doors using a vertical and-gate and it opens, although it could use up more than 3-4 block to the added height. its much like the automatic doors in shopping malls, when some one steps into the indicated zone or *track it sends a signal to the board, and into the motor to open the doors.

4. Offline

ashley

ill try it out now thanks for reply

EDIT:// ive tried it but i can't put my redstone wire beneath the gate it won't power it
    could you come to my server to try it?
    send me a pm if you can

thanks

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  5. Offline

Omnitv

Ive looked into the plugin and how it functions im not a good plugineer, however i can understand Circuits in Minecraft, could you give me a picture of how your station works *all angles and how you would want it to work**, and i can probably give you a schematic to it on mc-edit so you can copy the desine to your server but no grantee.

**ie how long do you want the doors to stay open ect

6. Offline

ashley

it's ok i found how to do it
    its really a very simple to solve
    just set the minecart detectors next to the gates or doors and they will open as long as they are carts on the detectors

Omnitv likes this.
  7. Offline

Omnitv

Ok cool, glad it worked out for you. =D

8. Offline

ashley

if anyone has some ideas for me what to build at the end of the station please send me an pm
    i got a big room with nothing in it
    want to check out the empty room pm me and ill send server details
    thanks,