[REQ] Save one ip for one player [SECURITY]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by matix931, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Offline

matix931

Plugin that after command /save save's ip of logged player on this account and if player will try to log in with this name on another ip will be kicked.

2. Offline

Daniel Heppner

No. This would suck if your IP changed or you wanted to go to the coffee shop and play Minecraft or something.

3. Offline

Phiwa

Due to the fact that most players have dynamic IPs which change on a router restart, this plugin would be real non-sense...

4. Offline

shadrxninga

There are some plugins already out there that do this... or at least I have seen some in the past. But, like people have said above - you would find most of your players leaving when their ip changed.

5. Offline

matix931

I need this plugin to hamachi, maybe option with save multiple ip?

6. Offline

shadrxninga

Just ban the ip if you don't want them connecting. There is not really much point in making this plugin as explained above.

Take a look at AuthME or AuthDB - It's the closest your gonna get to what you want.

7. Offline

Technius

How about this:
    You log in with the same ip, nothing happens.
    You log in with a different ip, it asks you for a password.
    If a player is already logged on, the connecting user isn't allowed on.

8. Offline

matix931

I would be better that if u want login in with another ip you will be disconnect, becouse if you need to write password u can drop all items, if you use authme or something like that ( plugins that hide your items ) you lose all your items.
    It's more comfortable if you dont need to enter password ( you can lost it )

9. Offline

Darazo

I made a plugin like this a while ago; have a look over at bukkitdev. This plugin is not intended for offline servers, however, and I make no guarantees it will work for you.

10. Offline

matix931

I saved wrong ip but it didnt kick me, anyway this is plugin what i need, good work.
    (Maybe problem is hamachi ? )

11. Offline

Darazo

It won't kick you if you are already logged in, it only checks upon player login. Like I said, however, I have no idea if it will work at all for an offline server.

12. You can use xAuth. 1 account per IP. (Better than nothing)

13. Offline

matix931

I doesn't support MC1.0.0

14. Offline

Zaros

There is no CraftBukkit RB for MineCraft 1.0.0.