[REQ] Protect Certain Blocks [FORMATTED]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ಠ_ಠ, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Offline

ಠ_ಠ

Plugin category: Anti-Griefing tools / World Editing.

Suggested name: Regionblockprotect

A bit about me: I'm quite an old user of Bukkit. I don't really post much, because I don't have any complaints. And this is NOT a complaint. It's simply a request :]

What I want: We all know World-Guard is amazing for protecting areas, But there's no way to block based protection. I mean, I only want to protect certain blocks from being broken in my area, allowing other people to break the rest.
    EG: I want stone grass and dirt to be protected.
    I want all ores to NOT be protected.
    World-Guard can not do this, and I cant seem to find any other plugin that can. (note they cant place anything in the region either. just break the ores)

Ideas for commands: /Region (makes the region) /Protect [block id's] (protects those blocks)
    /Protect [Region] {more id's} (protects more id's) /Region Delete [Region] (Deletes the region)

Ideas for permissions: Region.create Region.Protect Region.add Region.delete

Willing to pay up to: I have nothing to pay with, but Credit for the plugin and my love :]

When I'd like it by: I was hoping before the New Year, which is when my server will be up by.

Similar plugin requests: Couldn't find any. :]

Devs who might be interested in this: No idea :\

TL;DR:
    A plugin which is region based, with protection to Block ID'S and not the whole region.​

Anyone willing to make? Please? D:

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  2. Offline

Gravity

3. Offline

ಠ_ಠ

Does that make all of that block type unbreakable? or just the ones in a region?

4. Offline

Gravity

All of that block type.

5. Offline

ಠ_ಠ

I'd rather not have Every stone grass and dirt block be unbreakable. Just the ones in the quarry. Is this even possible?

6. Offline

Gravity

I'm not quite sure. PreciousStones supports cuboids but I'm not sure if it has that option.
    I would suggest messaging the developer, opening a support ticket, or suggesting this to him in another way.
    I dont quite think this warrants a plugin just for this purpose, it would probably be pretty easy to implement into a pre-existing plugin like Precious Stones.

7. Offline

ಠ_ಠ

I just looked through every command. They dont have that for the cuboid though :\

8. Offline

544nick101

WorldGuard + WorldEdit its cuboids just select your house nothing else.

9. Offline

Gravity

He wants to protect certain things within an area, not an entire area.

10. Offline

romani

You can use lwc and add the bloks you want protected to the core file in the plugins directory.

Code:
            '1':
                enabled: true
                autoRegister: private
    That line of code will make the code with id '1' private. This applies only to the blocks you place!

11. Offline

slappy9876

Good point but still . . . LWC is kinda hard to figure

12. Offline

Gravity

That would require protecting every single block

EDIT: And no it's not, lol!

13. Offline

romani

It might have a big impact on server performance though!

Code:
    autoRegister: private
    Makes sure the block placed, if block with id '1', is protected when placed.

14. Offline

Gravity

Ok if you look hes asking to protect an entire quarry, and all the stone and grass to be protected, but the ores to be un-protected. If you are expecting him to go through and /cprivate every single block in the thing, uhhh ok. If you are expecting him to tear down the entire thing and replace blocks so that they are protected... uhhhh ok...

15. Offline

romani

haha i know, i never said my method is a quick fix...