[REQ] Ore XP: Enchantment xp from mining.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Brock Blocking Samson, Nov 16, 2011.

1. With MC 1.0 coming out soon I got a new idea for a server plugin.

While testing out all the B1.9 Previews one thing I've been wanting is some extra xp from mining coal, iron, redstone, diamond and such.

Configurable of course. The xp drops would be considerably lower than what mobs drop, but think about how it would add up and help in the long run with enchantment spending.
    Also mining stone could drop a little xp as well. Maybe 1 point every 50 blocks.

Anyone willing to code this later on?

2. Offline

Kalman Olah

I'm on it :). Will post back in a bit.

3. Offline

Vynlar

Wonderful idea. Glad Kalman took up the project. Good luck!

4. I look forward to it!

Thanks. I do make amazing plugin ideas if I do say so myself.
    I'm pretty sure I got the ball rolling on those comet crashing client and server mods.

5. Offline

Kalman Olah

@Brock Blocking Samson

http://kalmanolah.net/files/dl.php?id=OKOreXP&ver=latest
    https://github.com/kalmanolah/OKOreXP

I'll put it up on BukkitDev/Bukkit later, It's 7 am and I have to leave in a moment.

Usage and installation:
    Required permissions node: okorexp.use
    Supported permissions bridges: Permissions, PermissionsEX, GroupManager and Bukkit's permissions
    Config(plugins/OKOreXP/config.yml):
    Code:
    enable-anonymous-stat-tracking: 'true'
    experience:
    - '1:1:2'
    - '14:2:50'
    - '15:2:25'
    - '16:2:10'
    - '56:2:100'
    - '73:2:50'
    Stat tracking: see http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/track-your-plugins.35286/ ... can be turned off
    Experience explanation:
    - '<Item ID>:<Amount of experience to drop in an orb>:<Chance to drop experience(1-100)>'
    Pretty straightforward.

Commands:
    /okorexp reload -- Reloads the configuration.
    Permissions node: okorexp.reload

Known issues:
    There is no way (that I know of) to determine whether or not a block was naturally generated... PM me if you know of a method that does not include logging all block placements.
    NOTE: This plugin does NOT do that. Any broken listed block has a chance to reward experience as defined in the config.

6. Offline

Zaros

Check to see if it was touching stone when its broken, theres a good chance players may try to break them in their house or on grass outside.

7. Offline

Kalman Olah

That'd be a temporary solution at best :p. Suppose I have to accept it can't be done.

8. Offline

Zaros

Well logging every single ore block that spawns would be a pretty gruesome task if I'm correct. Besides, I doubt players will realise that they have to place the ore on rock to have it give experience. Its a really clever idea IMO. You could also check to see if the ore is covere on all but 2 sides.

9. Offline

Kalman Olah

Well yeah, I could, and I've thought about it. Thing is, it's still a flawed method that could be abused and called "broken". If I add it in, people can abuse it. I'd rather not add it in and just warn plugin users instead.
    So... I just realized actual players DON'T read the entire Bukkit thread, and as such are unlikely to find out about the stone thing. I'll add it as a toggle. Thanks for your ideas :).

10. Offline

Zaros

Fixed. Also, np. I'm always glad to help!

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  11. I don't let users place ore blocks so they won't be able to cheat. (blockblocker plugin)

12. Offline

Zaros

@Kalman Olah

Why didn't we think of that. Just make it togglable that you can't place ore(or perms).

13. Offline

Kalman Olah

You'll find the existing version well suited to your needs in that case :).
    I uhh....
    Oh wow. Talk about thinking outside the box...

I'll add a permissions requirement preventing players from playing blocks listed in the configuration file.

Updated. Players now require the permissions node "okorexp.place" in order to place any blocks listed in the configuration file.
    Thanks @Zaros and @Brock Blocking Samson

EDIT: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/kalmanolah-okorexp/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  14. Offline

Zaros

15. Running B1467. Ready when you are. Looking forward to finally getting to use this myself. Been playing single player lately.

16. Offline

Kalman Olah

17. whoops nevermind, works great. Should of tested on diamond ore and not coal.
    Apparently I forgot my own idea.