[REQ]Melt Snow in the Sun

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by NainPorteTout, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Offline

NainPorteTout

Hello,

I d'like to start saying I'm french, so excuse my english. ;-)

So, I created thread to ask you if somebody is able to make a plugin who melt the snow when the weather is sunny, melt the snow in the sun.

I need the plugin because I use these awesome plugins :
    - BetterSnow :
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...-moresnow-v1-4-snow-that-piles-up-1000.27067/
    - Seasons :
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-misc-seasons-v1-5-1-add-seasons-to-your-server-1000.15183/

I have the #1000 version of craftbukkit.

King Regards,
    NainPorteTout

Up, 'cause I really need. :3

NainPorteTout

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. Offline

Vynlar

This is a good idea. Someone should take it on.

3. Offline

thehutch

@Vynlar

I'll try make this should be fun since it would be my first plugin :)

A name for this would be nice can't think of one:

SnowMelt
    HeatRay

any others?

EDIT: Ok i've named it HeatRay and working on it now going good so far quite easy at the moment (*fingers crossed*)

Ok well I made it so if the Light level is greater than 7 which is torch level then snow will change to air. Would you like a config with this so you set it to false

Also i'd just like to ask is this the thin layer snow or snow blocks?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

NainPorteTout

So, i d'like that plugin melts snow and snow block, because the plugin BetterSnow piles up snow by snow block. ;-)

You can, for exemple, make a config file where the user can choose what sort of block melt.
    And, for another exemple, you can make, in this plugin file, the time between 2 blocks melting. :)

If you don't understand me, i can re-explain better.

NainPorteTout

but, light level greater than 7 = the sun light ?

NainPorteTout

Ah, I thought that : Your plugin could melt the ice block too. :)

And, good luck & thanks :D

NainPorteTout

5. Offline

thehutch

Well i'm having problems at the moment but i'll try my best I like challenges :)

Well unfortunately i've been told that this plugin would use a lot of your CPU power as it would have to scan every chunk loaded check all blocks for snow/ice/snowblock then check for the lightlevel then set to air. So I doubt its useful and I don't really know enough Java to really do what you wanted.

Sorry.

6. Offline

NainPorteTout

I have an idea :

The snow bloc/snow/ice melt only in a radius of each player, so that's save CPU power.
    The radius may be in the config file.

I'm in a verygames server, so don't be carreful about the CPU power. ;-)

I really need, I hope you :D

NainPorteTout

7. Offline

thehutch

So I take it you want it as:

As a player walks around if the light level is above "x" then it will melt?

8. Offline

Vynlar

Make it run a check like, every 10 seconds, and generate random number for each snow block make it like a 25% chance it will melt so it doesn't just melt everything instantly.

9. Offline

thehutch

@Vynlar you couldn't help me could you?

skype possibly?

10. Offline

NainPorteTout

In fact, that was :

All the snow, into a radius of "X" Chunks of each player, melt every "X" time with "X"% chance. :)
    That will be the best thing, no ?

NainPorteTout

Daily up ! :)

So, what's new ? :eek:

NainPorteTout

11. Offline

thehutch

Trying my best at the moment it is barely working. I did have it so only when it was lightlevel 7+ it would melt but it was only when the player was on it and not the whole chunk or even slowly

12. Offline

NainPorteTout

Ok, I hope that will be a good thing. :)

NainPorteTout

13. Offline

thehutch

Ok my friend is helping me now and we have made good progress however i'm removing the config mainly because it's not really needed unless you really want it? but it doesn't have any value since all the plugin does is "melt" snow/ice there isn't much point to configure much. Unless of course you find something where I can add a config for.

14. Offline

NainPorteTout

Hi',

Really good, i'm impatient. :)

No, make that plugin as you want, because that's your plugin. I will give you ideas after the first release, but nothing to say now. ;-)

NainPorteTout

15. Offline

NainPorteTout

finish soon ? ;)

NainPorteTout

16. Offline

Tster

17. Offline

NainPorteTout

Give me news of developpement, please. :)

NainPorteTout

18. Offline

thehutch

Ok so the plugin kinda works, it does "melt" snow(small snow not blocks) at a delayed rate but lots a large distance away so you could see it in the distance. The only problem i'm having is making it melt Snow_Blocks and ice.

19. Offline

NainPorteTout

So, good. :)

Melt Snow_blocks too is necessary, but not ice, that's optionnal. ;-)

NainPorteTout

20. Offline

thehutch

@Tster
    @NainPorteTout

Ok finally finished it, it is somewhat complete only snow and SnowBlocks are "melted" and one block gets "melted" every 10 seconds or 200ticks. If you notice any bugs please pm me not in this forum please only message otherwise I might not read it.

here is the DL Link: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

if you want me to publish it I won't mind but if you want it unique I won't publish it.

Au revoir mon copain

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  21. Offline

NainPorteTout

Very nice. :D

Thanks a lot !

You can publish him to make you more famous ( I don't know the exactly expression ) and people can give you help and ideas to upgrade this plugin.

I'm going in vacation this night, to come Monday, so, I'll say you if I have a problem Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks again. :)

NainPorteTout

P.-S. : You can traduce "Bye my friend" in french by "Salut/Au revoir l'ami" ou, most interresting "Cordialement". ;-)

22. Offline

thehutch

merci beacoup et j'espére t'aime le plugin :)

23. Offline

NainPorteTout

I will test tuesday.

And in french, when 2 "subjects" are in front of, we say : "J'espère que tu aimes le plugin". :p

24. Offline

thehutch

Don't you mean "J'espère que t'aimes le plugin" ?

25. Offline

NainPorteTout

That's the same. :)

But "t'" is a little bit ... vulgaire ?

NainPorteTout

26. Offline

thehutch

Ok so did you find any errors or bugs with the plugin?

27. Offline

NainPorteTout

no, it works fine with Craftbukkit #1000, but melt a bit slowly. :)