REQ/Looking for wgen - oceans && icleands

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Williamsson, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Offline

Williamsson

I've spent about one hour not finding what I am looking for now, so I seek the intelligence of bukkit to aid me :)

We're looking for a world generator that would
    A) generate a huge ocean (simple enough..)
    B) In this ocean, generate some few huge icelands and many more smaller icelands (tricky, not too hard though)
    and C) Theese smaller icelands would only contain some certain ores, for example some icelands(/biomes?) would have trees and coal, while others might have iron and gold, and yet others diamonds, and so on.

Does something like this exist, or would someone be interested in doing it? :)

2. Offline

codename_B

There's not much in the way of these things, the problem is what you describe would get fairly boring after a while :/

3. Offline

Williamsson

Mjaae, I don't think so, we're running an RP server and this idea would suit our future plans perfect : D

4. Offline

codename_B

Tell me a bit more about your server then, since I've done some ice islands in my existing WGEN as well as oceans :p

5. Offline

Williamsson

Ah! :)

Well, for a starters we have a very extensive lore for each race, whom all have different special abilities :)
    It's the usual though, humans dwarves and elves.. Don't blame us : D
    Anyhow, what's important is that the humans invented stargates to travel to other worlds.

And we had some large kingdoms for all races, as well as a High Council where representants from all races rule over the world(the admins, and we would only interfere when things got out of hands), after a war that raged between the humans/dwarves vs the rest of the humans and elves.

Now, the problem we have is that the servers hdd has crashed, and thus effectively removing all data.
    We, the admins, decided that we have three options.
    A) We could just generate a new map and say "derpityderp, start over"
    B) We could say that the God flooded the world and that there only exists icelands now, deal with it.
    C) We could wait with re-publishing the server, re-build most of what was destroyed again, say "it has always looked like this" when we publish it again, and have a separate world with the oceans/icelands-thingy and say that the humans have discovered this world.

That's about it I belive, I don't want to put too much here :)

6. Offline

Williamsson

I take it that this isn't interesting then? :(

7. Offline

Adamadz

He probably hasn't replied because he wouldn't be notified by your message.

Either when replying to some one use the 'Reply' button or do this
    codename_B

As I have just done it, he will be notified now :)

8. Offline

codename_B

If you can draw me a mockup of how you'd like it to look I'll be better able to tell you if it's something I'll be capable of doing

9. Offline

Williamsson

Ah, I'll draw something and PM you it! :)