[REQ]Limit Drops

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by o0AzzA0o, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Offline

o0AzzA0o

After alot of testing on my small 30 slot server i have noticed that a large majority of cpu load is removed after clearing world drops..... cpu usage goes from 110% to 80% after clearing 500 or so drops i do that using /remove item -1

I think it would be very usefull to have a plugin that removed world drops after a certian lvl of drops is reached say you set it to 500 then it clears when it gets to that figure
    or

Have world drops cleard at a preset inverval... maybe a 1 minute warning for players to make sure there items are picked up so they dont lose anything in the wipe.

I think that this perfromance issue has been made worse with recent updates i think at some stage in 1.6 where drop pickup ticks increased? i cant remember if this watch notch or bukkit that done it but i do remember reading it and i do remember pickups getting more reactive!

Please listen to this idea im positive it will allow me to add another 10 slots to server and im sure it would do the same for alot of people..... dont take my word for it give it a try yourself by watching cpu usage just after clearing drops out.

2. Offline

jzsig

Sonds like a very good idea, i would like this on my server too!

3. Offline

DrAgonmoray

@o0AzzA0o @jzsig
    I'll make this right now! :D

Edit: Having problems with the PlayerPickupItem event. hmm.
    I'm going to do this a different way. Probably more efficient

jzsig likes this.
  4. Offline

jzsig

wow thanks so much this will help alot!

5. Offline

DrAgonmoray

6. Offline

o0AzzA0o

n
    nice one going to test it now :)

Works perfectly this plugin is a must for any server admin imo....

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  7. Offline

rockxz2135

you might find this helpful...
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27260323/NoDrops/NoDrops.jar
    it instantly deletes blox upon dropping them out of your inventory
    just add the permission:
    NoDrops.OnCustomDrop.NoDrops
    to the group you dont want spawning droppign items :D enjoy