[REQ] Grow Nether Wart Anywhere

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Nuinbot, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Offline

Nuinbot

I am making a custom world using WorldPainter and I have a special location set up to act as a "Nether". I would like players that go there and find nether wart to be able to take it back to their homes and grow it just like any other plant in the overworld.

I know it has been suggested before but I see no plugins that offer this capability. Anyone feel up to looking into whether or not this can be done, possibly even coding such an animal? Thanks!

2. Offline

StickBoXD

sounds like a good idea....

3. Offline

Nuinbot

Anyone? I am very surprised a plugin for this hasn't been written yet. I don't want to have to sell it in shops to compensate for not having an actual nether world.

4. Offline

mushroomhostage

I'm surprised too, I've seen many suggestions for growing netherwart in the overworld but have not seen anyone make such a plugin to do it. Closest I'm aware of is IndustrialCraft^2 and its agriculture system, which allows you to grow netherwart (and other crops) on crop sticks, anywhere, but it requires client mods.

If anyone wants to take up this request, seems like it would only be a one-line change to net.minecraft.server.BlockNetherWart: https://github.com/Bukkit/mc-dev/blob/master/net/minecraft/server/BlockNetherWart.java#L29

5. Offline

jef202

why dont you make it than

6. Offline

Konkz

'Weatherman' and where you want Nether Warts to be, select with World Edit the region and type
    /wm Hell [I think was the command,
    as nether warts are made to grow ONLY in BIOME 'Hell', which is nether. So just change the biome]

Aaaand...

[​IMG]

Don't care how simple, just format.

7. Konkz true true very very true.

8. Offline

Konkz

First thing I see when I look at your post, is the signature.

On topic: Did it work? If yes, leave a like!

Peter Bui likes this.
  9. Offline

nlmaster

This is in the 1.3 update :p (the netherwart everywhere part.)

10. Offline

Konkz

What is?

EDIT: Lie, its in 1.2.5 right now!

Edit 2: You can place it anywhere, but it no grow :[

11. Offline

izak12345678910

I think he meant in 1.3 they grow in both nether and regular world

12. Offline

nlmaster

Yes i meant the (GROW) netherwart everywhere..

EDIT: :p