Filled [REQ][FORMATTED] Custom Professions

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Chaositic, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Offline

Chaositic

Plugin category: MECH, RPG

Suggested name: Custom McMMO Skill

What I want:
    A plugin that hooks into McMMO API and gives you a config file with a way to make your own mcstats page containing a custom name, exp values, exp needed, exp maximum, along with names for skills but instead of granting passive skills (for example chance to dodge for Acrobatics) it just asks for what permission nodes you want to grant at certain levels for this custom skill. Here is an example of what a config might look like but you're free to make it work for you of course.

Code:
    CSkills:
        WeaponSmithing:
            GrantPermissions: true
            Level_50: Custom_Stone_Weapons
            Level_75: Enchanted_Stone
            Level_100: Custom_Iron_Weapons
            Level_125: Enchanted_Iron
            Level_150: Custom_Gold_Weapons
            Level_200: Enchanted_Gold
            Level_250: Custom_Bows
            Level_300: Enchanted_Bows
            Level_350: Custom_Diamond_Weapons
            Level_410: Enchanted_Diamond_Weapons
            Level_475: Legendary_Weapons
            Level_Cap: 0
            Level_50_Perm:
      - Perm.node
      - Perm.node
            Level_75_Perm:
      - Perm.node
      - Perm.node
            Level_100_Perm:
      - Perm.node
      - Perm.node
            Level_125_Perm:
      - Perm.node
      - Perm.node
            Level_150_Perm:
      - Perm.node
      - Perm.node
            Level_200_Perm:
      - Perm.node
      - Perm.node
            Level_250_Perm:
      - Perm.node
      - Perm.node
            Level_300_Perm:
      - Perm.node
      - Perm.node
            Level_350_Perm:
      - Perm.node
      - Perm.node
            Level_410_Perm:
      - Perm.node
      - Perm.node
            Level_475_Perm:
      - Perm.node
      - Perm.node
    If perm nodes are a bit hard, you could make it run custom commands instead and it would be another thing to customize. Example:
    Code:

Level_475_Perm:
      - /groupmanager command <player>
      - /pex command <player>
    Some explanation:
    The reason for the perm nodes is that craftbook lets you make custom recipes and create a permission node with them optionally. Using Craftbook and this requested plugin in combination you could make a skill that grants perm nodes at configured levels and assuming they're from Craftbook, you'd be granting recipes to craft. In addition, you can also grant perms from other plugins like commands, spells, and potion effects.

Ideas for commands:
    /cmcstats - Shows custom mcmmo stats
    /caddxp <customskillname> <amount> <player>

The addxp command is real important because instead of internally granting xp in the plugin, we'll have a command do it. This lets people customize xp gain for when something has been performed. They could run the command "/caddxp <customskillname> <amount> <player>" using a CommandSign, a MagicSpell with a delayed command, and a number of other usages.

When I'd like it by: Whenever you can. I'm more interested in if its possible and who has interest in taking it on.

Final Note:
    If there are any questions about things possibly left out, just leave em. I tried to be thorough but details can be easily left out so feel free to reply.

2. Offline

TheZebra

Would this include the ability to create passives along with said custom ability? I think that would be incredible and would give us a lot more room to create cool Mob Arena kits and such.

3. Offline

Chaositic

Just letting people know that in the latest build of craftbook you can add commands to be performed when a custom recipe is made. By that I mean, take the result out of the box and this command is performed.

Code:
    craft-actions:
      commands-console:
        - "/caddxp <customskillname> <amount> @p"
      commands-player:
        - "pardon @p"
    This should help with making the requested plugin.

Yeah it'd definitely be possible but you'd have to add that stuff yourself using Skript. The requested plugin is really just displaying info and granting custom permission nodes unless someone decides to do more than that of course. I was going to use the above example I gave to actually grant XP every time a specific shaped recipe is made and then when my level in the custom skill I put in the config reaches a set level like 10, it would give me a permission node either by the plugin or by custom groupmanager/pex/permissions command run once and then I could make harder recipes that grant more xp.

I hope more like you take some interest in it and maybe that will give a developer more reason to look into it.

4. Offline

tapeh

As a Server Owner and player of mcmmo for many years... I'd really love to have this plugin!

5. Offline

Chaositic

Must be some interest in this.

6. Offline

Asthereon

I agree that this sounds very similar to something I've been looking for. The need for custom skills for McMMO seems to be constantly growing, and there seems to be no easy way to create custom skills. Let's hope a dev picks this up!

7. Offline

Chaositic

I appreciate you replying to this request. Its definitely high up there for possible but no one wants to take it on for some reason.

8. Offline

The01Guy

I will see if I can do this.

9. Offline

Chaositic

Thanks for taking the time to take it on when you're not busy working.

10. Offline

Chaositic

If anyone is interested in seeing a screenshot of the plugin before it goes on bukkitdev,
    check this screenshot out:
    [​IMG]

11. Offline

The01Guy