[Req] Faction Banners/Flags

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Rayvyn, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Rayvyn

Hey guys,

I was having a discussion with some dev's on my server and thought, since there are some servers out there that are used for Roleplaying or have Towny, why not create a plugin that allows the placement of flags or banners for the faction? I'm not sure if this would work out for SMP, unless there was a way for the plugin to read a png from a server... or something, maybe with Spout?

But basically, have a certain sized png image with a specified name, and the person with perms could do something like /flag Banner1 and then right click to stick that png somewhere... it's just an idea.

2. Offline

Godleydemon

well I'm not sure how spot works. But it could be theoretically possible, with spout. To host an image on an off server site such as Photobucket. Factions being one of the many guild like plugins, or even with towny. The leader or owner of the faction and or town could type in the full url for there towns or factions banner. Then all they would have to do it put in say 4 or 6 blocks of the same type on a wall then type the command and smack it placing the banner. Its a wonderful idea that could really be done. But once again, I'm unsure of how Spout works.