[Req]Donation System

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by winston100, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Offline

winston100

Hee Developers/Readers,

I want a Donation plugin (Not Buycraft its not source) for my server. So is there a Developer or a player what haves one? So yes can i have it?

Developers
    Permissions:
    Donation.Check (Amount how much he paid)
    Donation.Reload (Reload the Donation System)

Commands:
    /Donation reload
    /Donation check <Username>

Thanks for helping/reading

2. Offline

np98765

What?

EDIT: Not sure what "not source" means, but Buycraft is great. No one is going to recreate Buycraft for you. It's an amazing plugin, and the costs associated with hosting this type of plugin would be greater than most average plugin developers would desire.

Use BuyCraft. I can't stress how easy it has made my life.

EDIT #2: Maybe you meant open-source? In that case, I can safely say that BuyCraft is safe. Thousands of servers use it, and there haven't been any real fraud issues to my knowledge. Ask lmc for more.

3. Offline

winston100

I mean, I want one for my website they host it on Buycraft.net. I dont like that. Then i sponsor them.

4. Offline

c0mp

I just installed T00thTransfer last night, actually. Haven't gotten any donations to test it, but it seems like it would do the trick, and no middle-man involved.

5. Offline

kyllingman2

If you're looking for something similar to BuyCraft, noone is probably going to create it for you. BuyCraft is a really awesome plugin. And if this is a request, FORMAT it!

6. Offline

winston100

Ik its a nice plugin, But its not opensource they're hosting it.

7. Offline

np98765

... All you have to do is give a link to the webstore. You can even create your own button!

If you're asking someone to recreate BuyCraft with an integratable PHP script of some sorts, good luck. >.<

MuisYa and -_Husky_- like this.
  8. Offline

winston100

I going place it on my site and testing it. Does it work with Group Manager?

9. Offline

c0mp

According to the plugin's page, it works with any Vault-compatible permissions plugin, which I believe includes GroupManager.

10. Offline

winston100

Its a very weird plugin.. It doesnt work with groupmanager

11. Offline

c0mp

According to the Vault BukkitDev page, it does.

12. c0mp

Buycraft has its own fraud checks in place, now I'm not trying to slag the developer of the T00SHtransaction or whatever its called, however looking over his IPN code for Paypal, I can safely say that 100% of all foreign transactions purchased through Paypal will not work at all, I can spot nearly 10 SQL injections, the list is endless.

Buycraft has had nearly 1 year of fine tuning, and Paypal is a £$%" to work with, so if you don't want payments to fail and you don't want users to complain, you know what to use at the end of the day.

13. Offline

winston100

Ehh only what i want is a open source Transaction system... I want to have full control of it and a Paypal, Mobile system. Thats it... Something looks like buycraft but then Open Source...

14. Offline

np98765

Good luck with that. -_-

You're asking someone to recreate BuyCraft (not to mention give you the source for it). Seriously, just use BuyCraft. It's not fraudulent, as any user of it can tell you. It's quite amazing. First, no one wants to recreate plugins, and second... It's BuyCraft. ;)

15. Offline

chaseoes

Oh wow, that T00thTransaction thing is bullshit.

And anyone saying that nobody will recreate a plugin like that, you're wrong.

16. Offline

WarmakerT

Basically you want someone to recreate the plugin because you don't want to advertise Buycraft?
    So that's how people think the plugin developers for helping them with their server, by trying to hide the plugin names and blocking access to the plugins command. Nice to hear.

17. Offline

winston100

You only want that i going to use BuyCraft, No i dont want to sponsor/advertise for a plugin so other players in my server whats have a server going to use it too.

Thats wrong. I just dont want to hide a plugin name. A copyright or a small text is ok. But the whole site with big text "BuyCraft" is bullshit. Idk why so much people wants that.

And not to recreate buycraft. To make a plugin. I didnt say that i want to recreate =,=

And i dont want that people going copy my plugins for the server what they have. Look if i make a server and they going to the Donation Page of buycraft. Then some people think "Hee he haves a good Donation Plugin" Then they copy it and i dont want that. I only want a plugin with a Little Copyright or what ever but not the whole site with adverts of the plugin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  18. Offline

chaseoes

19. Offline

winston100

Sure :)

Nice! I agree this :D I put at the Donation page of my site a Text with "Thanks for this amazing plugin of chaseoes" :D

I learned Php and html and CSS so i can design a Donation page for you :) If you want

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  20. Offline

chaseoes

No thanks. :) Also, you know you can edit your posts, instead of making a new one every minute..

21. To let you know, in the next update Buycraft will actually remove all "Powered by Buycraft" in the footers, everywhere. We are also offering a custom domain solution - so its going to be completely whitelabled.

np98765 likes this.
  22. Offline

winston100

Nah i going to use chaseoes his one he maked a awesome script and plugin :)

23. That's fine, use what you want I'm not here to comment.

24. Offline

chaseoes

Seeing as it's still in beta and I haven't made any kind of an official release yet - many things will fail and will need to be worked out.

Edit: Nice job on editing out how it'll fail.. :p

I also hope you don't take anything personally since I'm making a plugin similar to yours, but yours does currently hold the monopoly on donation related plugins, and the aim of mine is to be a more lightweight alternative that's completely free and open source (yours provides features that I never plan on including in mine, such as a cart based system, and is much more user friendly with little to setup). If they're looking for things like that and aren't as technically inclined then yours would be a better pick.

25. Okay no problem. I also still hold my opinion on that many payments will fail (I removed it to stop arguments etc), you need to research into Paypal more, the IPN system is overly complicated and simple things like encoding will completely throw you out. I'm not saying this to make you look bad, i'm just trying to point you in the correct direction.

26. Offline

winston100

Chaseoes, Maybe you need to make a Index.php with a button that people can change the index.php that makes it easy for them

27. Offline

chaseoes

All they have to do is add one line to their existing button (or use PayPal's website to walk them through making a new one) - how much easier could it be?

28. You just contradicted yourself massively my friend.

29. Offline

np98765

No, it's not. I have no problem whatsoever "advertising" BuyCraft to my users. Well, "so much peoples wants that" isn't necessarily true. They might not WANT it, but they have no problem with it.

EDIT: And where do you see the "whole site with big text "BuyCraft"? The only BuyCraft I see is in the small footer in the bottom-right. There's the subdomain, but honestly, that doesn't pose a problem. Plus, I heard lmc is adding the option to remove that.

30. Buycraft now supports the option of your own domains, e.g:

http://donate.jaycraft.co

(Try it) The only actual thing on that page advertising Buycraft is the size 12px text in the bottom left.