[REQ] Continue Permissions by TheYeti with advances.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Nunnsy, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Nunnsy

Hello plugins developers!

While recently updating my plugins, I have noticed Permissions by TheYeti as become inactive. Frankly, heaps of servers use this plugin and would want to change to an inferior ranking system.

I was wondering if a developer could take the project from GitHub and continue developing it keeping to the same system with one exception. Make options better for global ranking.

The problem with Permissions is it creates the user in the YAML code in which ever world they go to, I want it to be able to just put them straight into the globalusers.yml and leave the world's users.yml alone.

Also, certain permissions to each rank so they can only rank people up to a certain level, like -permissions.rank.<group they can rank>.
    A nice easy command to rank the user would also be appreciated too like "/rank <player> <level>".

I hope a awesome developer picks up on this,
    Thanks,
    - Nunnsy

Please someone attempt this! :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. Offline

Kostronor

Hey @Nunnsy

Recently the Bukkit-Team has developed their own permissions-system to centralize the whole thing.
    The problem was, that no one knows what he wants and everyone is discussing, what the best system it. For you as a server-admin, i would recommend you to use Permissions, until is becomes unstable or some of the plugins you use discontinue support to is, at least then i would change to the bukkit-permissions.
    Perhaps, someone can explain this further or link to some "official source of information"

Kostronor

3. Offline

Zarius

I've just gone through the process of upgrading myself... trying SuperPermsBridge and didn't really like it, Permissions 3.16, same. Then I tried out PermissionsEx and found it very easy to convert my Permissions 2.7 config (seriously, just three lines written in the console reads in your old config and writes out the new one).

I'm running about 84 plugins and both the old ones and a new "superperms" via BukkitPermissions without a problem so far.

I also really like its in-game promotion abilities :) I've given my mods the ability to rank up to a specific rank (I don't want them promoting to mod or demoting mods).