[REQ] Color Usernames

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by icomputerz, Mar 24, 2013.

?

Would this be possible?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2013.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

icomputerz

Plugin category: Nicknames; Chat

Suggested name: ColorName

What I want: I need a plugin that will allow people to change their color of their username in chat without letting them change their name entirely. I have tried allowing my players to use nicknames, but have learned that it is a horrible idea, but have tons of people wanting their name to be in color, instead of white.

Ideas for commands: /color <color to change to> (To change the color of the name)
    /color reset (Reset name back to white)
    /color help (To show how to use the commands, all of the colors to choose from)
    /color <username> <color to change to> (Admin command to change color of another player)
    /color <username> reset (Admin command to reset a players color)

Ideas for permissions: ucc.colorname.changecolor (allowing player to change color, allowed by default to all players)
    ucc.colorname.reset (allowing player to reset color back to white, default to all players)
    ucc.colorname.admin (Allow access to admin commands, OP only)

When I'd like it by: At least by 3/28/2013, no later than 3/31/2013

Other notes: If anyone out there will make plugins for free, please let me know your Skype username (if you have one). I would like to have a list of people that I can contact for plugins. Thanks, and if you want to add me, my username is iComputerz. Please just say when you send your request that you are from the Bukkit Forums. :)

2. Offline

Forseth11

Do you want the color in the chat. If so I can do it. Just give me a few days plus uploading time.

If you want it to change the name over their head I DO NOT know how to do it.

3. Offline

icomputerz

Yes, in the chat. But it needs to not have any ability to assign a nickname via a command. :)

Actually, is there a way to type a command to change the color of the username in chat and above the player? I think people would find that cool.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  4. Offline

Forseth11

Okay. Ill do it. I'm going to bed so I'll work on it tomorrow.

5. Offline

icomputerz

Same here. Thanks Forseth11!

6. Offline

Forseth11

Right now I have no idea how to change the name over their head, but I'll try to figure it out.

7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Isn't that just the display name?

8. Offline

Forseth11

I tried using display name once, but it only changed in chat. Maybe you have to die or do something with setDisplayName for it to be over their head.

9. Offline

icomputerz

If you can't do the color change for over their heads, don't worry about it.

10. Offline

Forseth11

Okay, I'm working on it now.

11. Offline

lol768

TagAPI/Scoreboard

12. Offline

Forseth11

I have gotten the name color in chat for only the non-admins finished! When I'm done I'll make a video.

Okay, I have finished it (well finished as in it works and it needs your approval).
    Here is a video showing what it does:
    (Watch in full-screen. Oh and I forgot to upload in HD sorry.)

This is probably my last post for today.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  13. Offline

icomputerz

It says the video is private?

14. Offline

Forseth11

Sorry about that. I had it set as private. I changed it to unlisted; try it now.

15. Offline

icomputerz

Looks great to me! Wanna post it to BukkitDev or do you want me to and add you to the project?

16. Offline

MexMaster

To change the Color above their head use the TagAPI and the plugin NameTags ;)

mfg

17. Offline

Forseth11

icomputerz I'll post it to dev.bukkit and on the page it will say that it was your idea. (remember it takes about 3-5 days for everything to get approved by the bukkit admins.

MexMaster I would love to add that ability into the plugin I coded. Do you have any idea how to do what they did for those plugins?

18. Offline

MexMaster

Yes i think i could code this but i will need the source (i don't give it away or anything else ;) ) and you will need the plugin TagAPI in your servers plugins folder

19. Offline

Forseth11

No, I'm asking how did they do it in their plugins.