Filled [REQ] Color Usernames

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by icomputerz, Mar 21, 2013.

?

Would this be possible?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2013.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

icomputerz

Plugin category: Nicknames; Chat

Suggested name: ColorName

What I want: I need a plugin that will allow people to change their color of their username in chat without letting them change their name entirely. I have tried allowing my players to use nicknames, but have learned that it is a horrible idea, but have tons of people wanting their name to be in color, instead of white.

Ideas for commands: /color <color to change to> (To change the color of the name)
    /color reset (Reset name back to white)
    /color help (To show how to use the commands, all of the colors to choose from)
    /color <username> <color to change to> (Admin command to change color of another player)
    /color <username> reset (Admin command to reset a players color)

Ideas for permissions: ucc.colorname.changecolor (allowing player to change color, allowed by default to all players)
    ucc.colorname.reset (allowing player to reset color back to white, default to all players)
    ucc.colorname.admin (Allow access to admin commands, OP only)

When I'd like it by: At least by 3/28/2013, no later than 3/31/2013

2. Offline

aronuserparty98

If you are using Essentials GroupManager (yeah, sorry, can't assisst you in any other group plugin), you can easily set the group's prefix to desired colour.
    Otherwise, you could just set the player's nicknames by typing /nick &[color]{DISPLAYNAME}

Hope it helped you!

/Aron

3. Offline

icomputerz

Well I want to give each individual player toe ability to easily pick their own color, without the command ability to change their "nickname".

--Brandon

4. Offline

saggo73

Working on a plugin to do this now. :)
    Should have it uploaded by the end of Sunday.

5. Offline

newboyhun

I have already pm-ed him with my plugin =/
    But free feel to finish your own,because mine is and old one and don't support users to change their own color,only admin use =)

6. Offline

icomputerz

Thanks newboyhun and saggo73 for making this possible!

--Brandon