[REQ] Classes Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Liam1803, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Offline

Liam1803

Now before I begin, I know that there are several classes plugins already available. However, I am a newbie to setting up Minecraft servers, and with great help from friends I was able to get the server 95% completed, but I still cannot find a simple classes plugin that will suit my needs.
    I have recently set up a RP server, and we hope to have various ranks such as Miner, Mage, Alchemist, etc. All classes should be able to use specific items, so for example, a Miner could use a diamond pickaxe, but could not use something like an enchantment table (whereas Mages can). I was hoping one of the more experienced members on Bukkit could point me in the right direction. All help would be stupendously appreciated!
    Anyway, I will format this post so that it will comply with the guide thread made by codename_B!

Plugin catergory: Role Playing

Suggested name: RPClasses (?)

A bit about me: My name is Liam, and I have recently decided to set up an RP server with friends. The only problem really is that this my first server and I feel very out of my depth. I'm an easy-going guy, but liked to be kept in the loop of things that are going on. I would love you long time if you helped me in any way, shape or form!

What I want: A plugin that allows various classes, such as Woodcutter, Miner, Mage, Alchemist, etc, and each class has the ability to pick up/use different items within Minecraft. This will hopefully make the server focused on being part of a town (a town with a balanced number of each class would be in theory the better town). Going further into the whole "each class has the ability to pick up/use different items", it would be awesome if the classes had the ability to break all blocks in Minecraft, but only be able to yield the items their class is allowed to use. It wouldn't be particularly practical to make woodcutters the only ones able to use wood and logs!

Ideas for commands: Anything!

Ideas for permissions: Anything (I say this because I have no idea really with permissions)

Willing to pay up to: Unfortunately, I can't pay anything (as much as I would like to) at the moment. So I'm asking everyone out of the kindness of their hearts to help me!

When I'd like it by: Not really one for time limits to be honest, maybe within 2-3 weeks?

Again, I cannot stress enough that if someone is willing to just point us in the right directions or just help us set up the classes with another class plugin, it would be appreciated so much.
    If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment on here, or add me on skype at: liam.mclachlan1
    Thanks in advance!

Note: If this is in the wrong section, I apologize in advance.

Seriously, anyone? Even if its a bit of advice, I'm getting quite desperate.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  2. Offline

kahlilnc

Look at a few plugins that already exist? Maybe Heroes, RPEssentials, ClassRanks? Look those up on bukkitdev.