[REQ] Bukkit Administration Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by gamingvortex, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Offline

gamingvortex

Hey,

I have a minecraft server with bukkit running and i find it such a nuissance having to download so many plugins and keep editing the permissions folder for new plugins.

Hey0 mod was best for this as it detected it all for you and you just simply edited the groups.

The Request itself...

Can someone please make a plugin like permissions and essentials which detects commands which plugins needs and maybe have a web based method of editing the permissions and commands certain user groups can have.

This plugin can be called whatever you like but the commands i would like to see for default administration...

/ban [reason] [time] - bans a player with a reason and time
    /unban - unbans a player
    /kick [reason] - kicks a player with a reason
    /i - spawns an item (MUST be able to have specific data values spawn like coloured wool)
    /item - also spawns items
    /kit - preassigned building/tools which can be given to yourself/players
    /reserveslotadd - gives a player a reserve slot and extends that player ABOVE the limited amount of players predefined in the server.properties
    /reserveslotdelete - removes players reserveslot
    /say - uses the default [SERVER] say but instead states as [ADMIN]
    /kill - kills player
    /rocket - shoots player into sky and kills them
    /jail - warps them to predefined jail
    /jail add - sets jail position
    /rain - makes it rain
    /sun - let the clouds clear
    /time day - changes time to day (set to 23000 if possible (sunrise))
    /time night - changes time to sunset
    /time raw [timeinraw] - changes time to raw time
    /lightning [player] - shoots lightning at co-ordinate as player
    /snow - makes it snow!

• Groups should also have the prefix and colour choices before their name...
    • Could this also include custom 'Player Join' and 'Player Disconnected' messages?
    • Maybe a web-interface to edit properties

I know it is alot but a donation towards the creator will be made if working and successfull

2. Offline

Platypus

Then go use unofficial hey0 builds? Bukkit is under development. There is no built in permissions system. The current permissions system is fine, if you don't want to invest time into a server then the server will never be successful.

3. Offline

gamingvortex

Hey0 builds arent supported no more... Permissions isnt accesible the same way they Hey0 groups used to be and Bukkit is the mod that has superseeded Hey0 so STOP TROLLING!

4. Offline

Platypus

I hate how the internet is these days, just because someone doesn't agree with you they are trolling? Also, notice I said "UNNOFFICIAL". Do you know what that word means?

Bukkit is in development, a built in permissions system isn't set up yet, its in development though. If you use the search function there are plenty of posts like these and they are all answered the same way. Its not here yet, so wait.

5. @gamingvortex I think @Platypus has a point, if you don't invest time in your server, then why are you managing one? and so you know, the bukkit permissions system is nearly done

6. Offline

gamingvortex

See thats the only answer i wanted... I didnt know bukkit was getting a built in permissions system as i look though the builds and release notes and have not yet found any information on it.

Thanks @Streammz for a basic and polite answer