[REQ] BreakBan! Info Inside!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by RugRats, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Offline

RugRats

So I have this idea, When I'm on my server I'm normally invisible and at spawn and wait for people to join and a lot of people instantly start griefing so I ban them in a blink of an eye and roll them back. Now I have this idea where an admin or anyone with the aquired permissions node can say /ban block and click a block and if someone breaks that block it will ban or kick them or show a message to the whole server! and then appear back. I made a building RIGHT next to my spawn so if griefers are gonna grief there gonna grief that first but if it would auto ban them it would save me a lot of time! Please consider!

2. Offline

codename_B

I'm on it.

3. Offline

Kitteh

@codename_B Can you add mysql support for the blocks also add php and javascript support somehow.

4. Offline

codename_B

Wouldn't you prefer that they be stored in small childrens brain cells?

5. Offline

DrBowe

What's wrong with HoneyPot?
    Did it go inactive or something...? Because it does literally EXACTLY what you describe.

EDIT:
    Oh, and @codename_B
    Make sure to add support for all major economies! I want there to be a fine when they get banned...so that they lose money, AND THEN THEY'RE BANNED. HAR HAR HAR.

6. Offline

RugRats

WOW @Everyone thank you!

@codename_B is you don't mind can you make it so for people with the acquired permissions code like - breakban.bypass they can destroy all blocks that are protected without anything happening to them.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  7. Offline

codename_B

As long as it's SuperPerms - that's no problem.

8. Offline

RugRats

So it's a problem for permissions 3.15 support -_-?

9. Offline

DrBowe

@RugRats
    No, seriously. What's wrong with HoneyPot

Also...WHEN DID BUKKIT GET A NEW SEARCH-LAYOUT. I LOVE IT.

10. Offline

codename_B

Permissions plugins are now obscolete. It's time to move to a SuperPermisisons manager - it loads the permissions into bukkit itself rather than having its own methods to code permissions, making it much easier on the dev.
    I even have a nice Permissions manager I wrote called bPermissions which I've been so nice as to make work with existing (obscolete) Permissions 2.7 and 3.x based plugins - but seriously it's time to make the switch!

11. Offline

RugRats

I didn't even know that, that said plugin even existed.

12. Offline

DrBowe

13. Offline

RugRats

To me bukkit's permissions system is relevant. It's hard to use not easy to set up and VERY annoying. 3.1.5 is very simplified, easy to use and if you know how to use it, it's really good. I'll switch over to bukkit's once a proper converter is released.

14. Offline

nubpro

:eek:

15. Offline

codename_B

Bukkit's built in permissions system is easy to use if you have a proper manager. Did you even look at bPermissions or did you dismiss it offhand? Support for P3 is dying with the new build in permissions - they're far far easier to use from a devs point of view.

16. Offline

RugRats

That's like a slap in the face.

17. Offline

codename_B

Hey, he copied it from my sig :D

18. Offline

nubpro