[REQ] Big Catch update

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Deathfromace, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Deathfromace

With food being a bigger thing now I expect more people will turn to fishing as a source of food but at the moment fishing takes to long and with little gain when you can walk a couple steps and find a whole farm to slaughter for food. And with 1.9 and animal farms fishing will not really be needed at all as people will have an endless supply of food near their house.

I found this plugin but it's no longer being updated and adds some really neat things to fishing that oddly enough no other plugin (that I could find) touches and I would think more people would try to make fishing more fun.

My request is simply if someone can take over the plugin or maybe someone will have a better idea for a new plugin that makes fishing more fun and worthwhile.

2. Offline

BioRage

I support this.

3. Offline

Quizdonkey

Oh hey I remember this one! Would love to see it updated.

4. Offline

Deathfromace

So far there is some support for this and I expect a lot more if it was made and more people knew it was around.

5. Offline

Deathfromace

Guess no one is interested in a plugin market no one else has tapped :(

6. Offline

Numenorean95

I wish that was the case. The other more likely version is noone has the time to update another person's plugin. Anyone whos programmed before can tell you that taking over someone else's code means learning a whole new style of coding. Does the plugin actually still work? I will take a look at the code, and i MIGHT take it over, depending.

7. Offline

user_43347

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-passive-gamemode-fishing.37640/

8. Offline

Quizdonkey

9. Offline

Deathfromace

Yeah I'm wanting just random events while catching that cuts the default time to fish like Big Catch did. I mean anything that adds to finish is something neat but not what i'm personally looking for...but I mean ill add it.

That being said i'm sure once your plugin is out i'll like it a lot more then the example the person gave on what he wants.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/megacatch/

Someone updated it :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  10. Offline

zonedabone

Yeah, hope everyone enjoys it! I'm planning on a complete rewrite because tbh I hate spoonikle's coding style and there are some changes I want to make to greatly increase configuration-potential.