[req] Auto Permissions

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by fugue2005, May 7, 2011.

1. Offline

fugue2005

what i'm looking for is a plugin that will automatically set permissions after a guest has completed a set of tasks.

in my spawn area i have signs which have commands on them leading to help files.
    i am looking for a plugin that would track the commands my guests perform and after a certain set of commands has been performed will automatically promote the guest to another permissions group.

prefer integration with
    Permissions v2.7.2 (Phoenix)

flatfile, h2 or mysql does not matter to me.

2. Offline

fugue2005

did i mention it's worth $50 to me to have this working?

usd, pounds, whatever

3. Offline

kmccmk9

Hey there, I like this idea. But from the programming point, one would have to program what the tasks are. Also, have you given any thought to a in game Permissions Manager?

4. Offline

fugue2005

i use permisisonsplus right now, however i can't be on my server as much as i need to be. and the only reason i have a guest group is so i can see if people are reading the rules.

i should think the list of required tasks could be set in the config files.

something like
    Code:
        tasks:
          - rules 1
          - rules 2
          - rules 3

etc...

5. Offline

kmccmk9

Right but it would be hard for the plugin to decode that without specific instructions.

6. Offline

vaiquero

How would you check if a player has read the rules? If they pass a certain location?

7. Offline

fugue2005

there is already a plugin called command blocker that gets a list of commands from it's config file.
    what it does is listen for a command from a certain group, it records how often the command is issued and responds after a certain threshold has been reached, (kicks after a number of illegal command attempts)

what i need would be something that listens for player issued commands

with a config like
    Code:
        tasks:
          - rules 1
          - rules 2
          - rules 3
       targetrank: peasant

i have no java experience but something like.
    player issues command /rules 1
    the plugin sees a command issued and then
    playerisingroup(peasant) true
    --commandistask(rules 1) true
    plugin logs completed task to (db/flatfile)
    -----alltaskscompleted($player) false (compares players completed task list to required task list)

player issues command /rules 2
    --commandistask(rules 2) true
    -----alltaskscompleted($player) false (compares players completed task list to required task list)

player issues command /rules 3
    --commandistask(rules 3) true
    -----alltaskscompleted($player) true (compares players completed task list to required task list)
    docommand(permissions(setgroup($targetrank)))

8. Ok, so you want it purely to check commands?

9. Offline

fugue2005

correct

another reason i wanted this is to train new moderators.
    i could set them loose on their own multiverse world and have them go through a sort of
    moderator academy with commands from every plugin i require them to be familiar with.
    this way they can train at their own pace, and when they have completed their training it would promote them to full mod on the main world, and i would feel more secure that they actually knew what the commands did.

10. Ok, I replied to your pm so I'd appreciate if you read that aswell.

11. Offline

fugue2005

i still need this plugin made, since the last guy that offered to do it stiffed me.

12. Offline

Daniel Heppner

I think this sounds really interesting. Money is no object, you can keep your $50. (I do programming for fun)
    PM me. I'll put this on my TODO list.