[REQ] [ADMIN]/[MECH] IP.Board ibEconomy and Bukkit iConomy Integration

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Wahrheit, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Wahrheit

There exists an IP.Board application named ibEconomy, and it's freaking awesome. It encourages my users to post more on the forums for points ingame. There are prizes on both ends, yadda yadda yadda.

There's just one problem; if I want to transfer their forum points then I have to do it manually. Ideally, since both values are stored in MySQL databases, a transfer would be easy for a plugin to do. A sync is probably too much to ask, but a transfer is more than reasonable.

Ideally, I would like to achieve the following:

- A user is able to check their points on the forums.
    - A user is able to withdraw points from forums to game, with a specified conversion ratio that can be set to round up or down. They get a confirmation text telling them the new totals due to the ratio and what the ratio is.
    - A user is able to deposit points from game to forums, with a specified conversion ratio that can be set to round up or down. They get a confirmation text telling them the new totals due to the ratio and what the ratio is.

In thinking about this, the following might be necessary:

- Users will need to have some way to tie their Minecraft account to the forums. If you speak IP.Board, an extension for ibEconomy that allows a user to specify their Minecraft account's name in their user CP or otherwise may be a valid option. In an ideal situation, users would be able to set this once and only once, and admins would have an ACP interface to change it later for whatever reason. That may be difficult, so a standard profile field would be fine.

If I haven't been clear enough or you'd like some more explanation I'd be more than happy to expand. If you are interested in this and for whatever reason can't get a copy of the ibEconomy files, I'll shoot a copy your way.

I am going to keep this bumped because it is important to me and I feel at least some other people would benefit it. It could probably be expanded to work with other boards and their poitns systems as well.

Thank you so much!

2. Offline

Wahrheit

Bump! I'm really hoping I can get something awesome here.

3. Offline

contex

Could you give me a schema of the ibEconomy tables?

4. Offline

Wahrheit

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

The value is stored under the table <PREFIX>pfields_content, in the eco_points field. From what I can see, if my sql-speak is proper. :)

Bump! I really hope some good work can get done here and would be extremely appreciative of it. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  5. Offline

contex

Well, it is possible indeed, but I am thinking of adding this as an addon to our plugin AuthDB. Not planning a standalone plugin unless the request is very high.

6. Offline

jorisk322

Well, I would like the standalone plugin better. So you have one :p

7. Offline

Wahrheit

The addon terminology means it'd be a plugin as well, but reliant on AuthDB. Given the way they're taking the software and the extensions they're looking to make, I see this as alright. I'd need to see some examples of it though.

8. Offline

BastiDE

here is the next request :D Need it too.