Repository for minecraft vanilla development?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by AlphaBlend, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AlphaBlend

This is actually a suggestion, and I didn't know where to put it, so I'll put it here. My suggestion is that a new repository should be created for MineCraft development releases. The reason for suggestiong this is simple: as vanilla dev builds come out, you can incrementally update your bukkit / craftbukkit code to cope with the changing development process.

That way, when the official server is released, you don't have to wait as long to update CraftBukkit to the latest mc specifications. We've had to wait quite awhile for CraftBukkit to update before, and this suggestion, if taken seriously, should hopefully mitigate the time required to update to a new version of minecraft.

2. Offline

EvilSeph

We usually have a compatible, untested update out within an hour or so. I don't think we've taken long enough to constitute 'quite a while' even once.

Even then, I have no idea what you're asking for.

3. Offline

AlphaBlend

It's more or less a developmental build of craftbukkit for the next minecraft server, allowing you to be up to date with the latest changes, as they come out by development snapshots.

But you said you don't take very long to come out with a release of the next server.

Sure, this might put more strain on the dev team though, so it's just a suggestion, I'm not pushing that it be done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.